Anyone else with CFS feel like this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aussiegirl, May 25, 2003.

1. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl New Member

Hi Everyone!
    I kinda need some reassurance today. I have been having some good days and some bads lately and on the bad days I have found myself to push myself even though I know I shouldnt.
    Does anyone ever feel as though they have a boost of energy but theres like a blockage in the pit of your stomach that prevents the flow of this energy? I also get light headed and the need to breath deeper but if only the energy would flow through my body I would feel better.
    Does this sound weired?
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You are not alone with these feelings. Sometimes I have the energy of an ox, then all of a sudden I could just fall over. Its gone as fast as it comes.

As for that breating problem, is it possible you have bronchitis? If so, that would cause that.

Also stress will make you hyperventilate too.

Sure hope you find out what it is. We do get some very strange feelings with these illnesses.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Not weird at all

I absolutely have to do Tai Chi every morning to get the circulation going. I have the video with David Carradine. I watched it 3 times and made notes before trying it out. The first 7 movements are called "Opening the Gates", sounds like it may help you too. At my best I've been able to do 7 repetitions, at my worst 2, am currently at 4. I don't feel like I'll ever get to any of the advanced moves but this one helps clear my head in the morning and gives me the ability to start moving. You also do deep breathing with this so I'm sure the oxygen helps.

Take care.
  4. Bacci

Bacci New Member

I just read your bio and saw where you are from. I have visited your area a few times and love, love, loved it! I actually lived down there, actually Coffs Harbour up north, for about six months last year. Anyway, as for the feeling you explain, I have experienced something similar. I notice that I can be just laying in bed or sitting up, feeling normal, when all of a sudden I feel this knot or tight feeling in my stomach or throat. It makes me feel like something is stuck there. Even though I know I am not choking, I have a tendency to cough because it makes it difficult to breathe.

WEll, I started seeing an accupuncturist for various CFIDS/FM reasons and this came up. He told me that in Chinese medicine it is known as "plum pit chi". It is like a blockage of energy that comes from having either deficiencies or excesses of the energy in the liver (and I think, sometimes the spleen). So, he did accupuncture points to treat it and we used chinese herbs as well to try to balance it. I also used some western herbs to cleanse my liver, like milk thistle, etc.

It seemed to decrease the frequency of these events. You may want to look into an accupuncturist, or if money is an issue, or it's just not "your thing", then you could try to chekc out a book from the library on accupuncture and read about it.

Hope it helps a little:)

Sending best wishes from northern California!
    Bacci