anyone else with this strange feeling??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ouchiered, May 6, 2006.

1. ouchiered

ouchiered New Member

Good evening everyone. This is hard to explain but I will try. It happens when I am quiet. Can happen at the computer or standing or sitting. I get this feeling that I'm going out, losing conscientious but just for a split second. Then I snap to again. Not a feeling of nodding off with sleep.

Okay I should probably list what meds I am on. Neurontin 300mg over 24hrs, Xanax 1 aday, Flexeril once in awhile & Ambien every night. This feeling usually comes when I have major FM fog too.

Anyone out there have these same feelings please share.

GG
  2. belly_acres

belly_acres New Member

have it all to often - makes me scared to drive anymore.
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

Used to happen to me frequently, maybe even daily, for the first 10-15 years of my illness. Made me think I had a mini stroke or was passed out for a second. I was not on any of the meds you are on. I don't think it has happened in about 10 years.
  4. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I had my worst flare ever a couple of years back. For the first year after that flare this would happen to me a lot. As I have slowly improved from that episode this feeling happens less and less.
  5. lease79

lease79 New Member

I'm not on any meds either, & I get this sensation alot :(
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

ouchiered:
    The difference I have is that I will have my eyes closed and then nod down as if I am going to sleep: which I might be. Yet-it happens when I am not all that tired. Not tired--who am I kidding!!

Ouchiered: Have you tried a neurologist. I have one and have really been doing good on the meds I get. I hope you feel much better very soon.

nyrofan
  7. Line

Line New Member

I get those sensations also. It feels like something goes through my body and I feel like I am going out and snap out of it, as you say. I do not get them for awhile and they like everything else with this dd comes back. I only take an anti- anxiety drug and have been on this med for years, only getting this pass out sensation for about the last 5 years. Sure is scarey.

Linda
  8. ouchiered

ouchiered New Member

Thanks for all your response to my question. It's always good to know I'm not going crazy or stroking out!

The feeling has only come along last fall & now again this spring. Go figure!

To AngelaG

The neurontin seems to boost my energy and help alittle with the sensory overload problems. And the 1 a day Xanax strangely works the opposite for me then other people. It will calm me down enough to where I have more energy but less fatigue. Ambien only at the night I do want to try the other sleep aid.

Thanks for your concern. GG
  9. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

It was very small focal seizures. As you are taking neurontin, it could be masking seizure activity.

I also get a slight feeling this way some days, as if I waas about to fall, no not that, you know that feeling you get when you are about to sleep, but something grabs you back-that is more like it, except I am not tired when it happens-or maybe I am???(LOL)

Love Anne C
    [This Message was Edited on 05/08/2006]
  10. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

and a lot of the times I don't realise it.DR says it's the meds.Linda