Anyone else with very sensitive feet?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by scrappnmom, Apr 2, 2009.

1. scrappnmom

scrappnmom Member

My feet have gotten so sensitive that I can't hardly wear some of my socks because they aren't soft enough. The socks I'm talking about are the kind that you wear with tennis shoes. They are so coarse they drive my feet crazy! Has anyone found any that are soft and smooth? I used to wear these all the time and they never bothered me until recently! I wonder why?

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I get this with clothes also. Usually with flare and when nerve pain is high. almost like you have a bad sunburn.

have you tried those fuzzy fleece kind? plain cotton ones too.
  3. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

My feet feel like I've walked bare foot over jagged river rocks barefoot and the tops feels like someone slammed them with a sledge hammer and the skin burns.
    The only socks I found and will wear are Thorlo, they are expensive but well worth the money. The ones I found that work the best are the ones for running or tennis...they have the support for the arch, the top is padded and more cushion where we need it. I have given these to people who say ' oh, socks? well okay" then try them on a want to steal mine LOL

Had to add that Walmart has a good sports socks but I've gotten spoiled with Thorlo, my sister wears SmartWool, she doesn't have fibro feet but hers are bad- messed up bunion operation left her feet deformed but she still can stand on them all day- she sells clothes. These socks aren't' as thick as Thorlo but are just as good, keeps your feet warm in winter and cool in summer. You can Google "Smartwool" and get a lot of sites.

[This Message was Edited on 04/02/2009]
  4. scrappnmom

scrappnmom Member

The fleecy kind are ok but they are too thick (at least the only kind I have seen) to wear with anything but my houseshoes. I'll have to check out the Thorlo brand. And wool really itches me. I don't wear wool at all, unless it's fully lined. My feet don't burn like some of you are saying but they just feel like someone has used sand paper on them. Just rough and raw, but they're not! Do we gradually get more sensitive to everything? I hope not. I've already had plenty pain! I also have arthritis in my feet and already had 1 foot surgery on my right foot to scrape out bone spurs in the big joint in my big toe. Ouch! Now I think my left one is starting to have trouble. And that doesn't even mention my back and neck and shoulders! GRR! Wouldn't you all just love to get a break from all this?
  5. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

The ones at Walmart aren't the fleecy kind, these are actual sports socks. And Smartwool isn't itchy at all, they are super soft! I can't wear wool either but these are great. My feet only get really bad when I'd go into a flare then the joints felt like ground class was in them, I've gotten use to how they feel by now.

Doing the treatment plan from Dr. Farr that Cateyes has mentioned has helped a lot! I found I did get worse from my first major flare then it all settled down now I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't an train!! LOL

Good luck
  6. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

they are socks for diabetics. sold at wal mart, different styles and i now can't wear anything else after tying these. i want to say they are Dr. Scholls brand.

7. scrappnmom

scrappnmom Member

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will look at these.