Anyone elses allergies driving them NUTS this year?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blondie45, Apr 22, 2006.

1. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

Is anyone else going crazy with their allergies this year? I have not had allergy symptoms this bad in years. I take my Zyrtec every day and this year that doesn't seem to be touching it. At this point I don't know if a different allergy med would be any better or not.
  2. skyeone

skyeone New Member

YES!!!!

The last few days, I have been feeling like ripping my face off because of just how itchy I am! Unfortunately for me, I can't take allergy medication due to a heart condition, they all seem to want to either make my heart go bonkers or that they are trying to stop my heart from beating! So I jsut suffer the pain, itching, runny nose and sore eyes.

Hope you find something that will help you!

Hugs,
    Skye
  3. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

and it's only just begun. According to the Pollen allert, we're still only average. I take Zyrtec and use Flonase. Whenever I lie down the crap seems to run down the back of my throat. Very, very annoying!
  4. millennia

millennia New Member

I read an article the other day that said this was going to be the worst allergy season seen in a really long time. Grrrr. Not sure there is much we can do about it.
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

...mine are starting a little early this year and seem to be worse than they usually are...sigh.

I just check the pollen levels in my area on pollen dot com and oh yea they are high.

Today is 10.4, Monday is 10.6, and Tuesday is 10.4....I guess that explains it for me.

Do you all just feel wiped out...sigh.

Thanks,

Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 04/23/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/23/2006]
  6. skierchik

skierchik New Member

I wasn't sure if it was allergies that were making my fatigue so much worse, but then I started taking Quercetin and Stinging Needles (both natural supplements for allergies) and I feel so much better. I even rode my bike yesterday. My husband had been sneezing alot too, so I made him travel with the Quercetin and he says it has helped. If you go to your local vitamin or natural store there should be a whole section of natural allergy remedies. There will be lots to try. You don't have to put up with this!

skierchik
    [This Message was Edited on 04/25/2006]
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

blondie45:
    I read that this allergy season is the worst in years. I forgot where I read it, though. My awful allergies usually start about now, full blown in May and June. I went to an allergist once a week for two years and I must say that it has cut down on what was once misery. I still use Benadryl on a regular basis, but after the injections it is better for me.

nyrofan
  8. suz9601

suz9601 Member

I'm in the same boat, can't take any allegy meds for my heart condition. It is awful to suffer when a lot of people can pop a pill and get some relief. Anyway, you are not alone. Take care.
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

What with the sneezing, blowing, and coughing, I'm worn out. When a body is busy making antibodies to allergens, it makes one very tired. I have never had allergies like this where I live in FL. I just got back from GA and they were worse there.

Love, Mikie
  10. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Yep!

I'm doing nasal washes.

Best wishes.

Claudia
  11. SherylD

SherylD Guest

My son is 9 and his allergies are terrible!!! I feel so sorry for him...

His eyes drive him nuts...I do the drops but I can only use them twice a day...So I do them when he gets up and then before bed...

We go to the allergist tomorrow...Not really sure what he can do for him...

The one thing that is good though is this year he is in a different school and they have no windows that open...So he is fine at school...

My allergist always told me to not have the windows open...The pollen just blows right in...So I never open his bedroom windows at all...But I usually have the other windows open...I have to air the place out..

It is the worst if you leave them open over night...The pollen count is at it's worst in the early morning..

I feel sorry for you all that suffer so bad...I see what my sons goes through and it is terrible..

SherylD
  12. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

NUTS? Oh yes

June
  13. skyeone

skyeone New Member

Thank you so much for letting me know that I'm not alone in not being able to take meds for my allergies. You have no idea how much better that makes me feel. Please don't misunderstand me, I don't mean to say that i'm glad you're in the same boat, I jsut am glad to find out that there are others like me out there. So many people keep telling me that you can't be allergic to allergy medication, to which I say that I'm not allergic to it, I can't have it becasue of my heart!

Oh well, just wanted to say thanks
    Skye