Anyone ever get this

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Line, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Line

Line New Member

I have pain that moves from area to another.

breast
    sides of breast
    collar bone
    neck
    shoulders
    upper back
    low ribs

I have this for four days and the pain stops at one spot and moves to another. my ebtire rib cage is so sore, front, back, upper and lower. I do habe costo, fm and myofascal pain, I get pain in all these places but not all this monvement of pain.

Thanks, Linda
  2. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I have aches everyday,and each day it can be different.But I have more than just FM.
  3. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

I have pain like you I guess it's the nature of the beast pain moves all over except I have some spot that it stays mostly
  4. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I've had similar pain that moves. Usually the pain is in my left ribcage, but has moved around. When I went to the ER at the start of this type of pain (it was in my left breast area toward the sternum - thought it was my heart), I was told that it was pleurisy pain. It had been lasting for hours and was pretty severe.

When I have this type of pain, it can be really severe or just an annoyance. It's hard to know what to do when it's over the area where the heart is. I'm afraid that one of these days I will ignore the pain and it really will be a heart attack!

My pain tolerance is pretty high and always has been. What happens is that pain I do have really "wears me out." I get totally exhausted from dealing with it. There are so many pains in so many areas with FMS . .

Warm wishes, Jeannette
  5. larry11

larry11 New Member

My pain is like yours also, today alone it has went from shoulder to shoulder to left lower rib cage, both knees and hips, my elbow, but usually always stays in my left shoulder blade and lower left rib cage, this disease sucks. the pain has just really started in my legs the last week and hasn`t let up since , will this illness actually cripple you like arthritus or just be painful 4 ever? Larry
  6. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Dear line,

moving pain appears to be a frequent aspect of FM. I used to describe it to people as if I was one of those 1970's lava lamps and the pain was the lava moving around. Some understood, some didn't. The 'in' term here at the moment seems to be "migratory pain". It makes it sound a little more professional when I explain it to people, but, unfortunately, it does not ease it.
  7. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

I do not know a lot I was diognosed last year but have had the pain for many years made it very hard to work at least it isn't waering down our bones only our sanity :)
  8. larry11

larry11 New Member

I too have awful feelings with my heart especially when i have no medicine or it runs out, I go straight into these anxiety attacks that trigger huge amounts of pain ( in chest and back area) and if i eat when this happens i actually feel as if i am dying of a heart attack, very very exausting and painful,

I used to end up in the emergency room when this happens but now i have a doc who says i can call him at anytime of day or night if my meds run out or the pain gets to bad. He knows alot about FMS and diagnosed me within 25 minutes of my first visit. He is an internist. these other doctors took months and still didn`t have a clue, my motherinlaw said this is what it was when i first started to feel these awful feelings. good luck to you all and be strong

Larry