Anyone ever had a frozen shoulder

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Achy-shaky, Feb 7, 2003.

1. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone who's had this condition or even if you were not dx with it but felt that's what it was...it's when the shoulder joint gets stuck and the range of motion is so bad you can't even lift arm high enough to put on deodorant and every little reach or motion can bring excruciating pain. My left shoulder has been like this for about 2 mos. now - doc says that physical therapy will get it worked out but the therapy hurts so bad I'm beginning to wonder.

If you've had this please let me know how long it took to get rid of it and is there anything other than brutal PT that helps?

Thanks,
    A.Shaky
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

Oh yeah I've had that!!Frozen shoulder/capsulitis.
    Srry to say but the only thing that increased my ROM was PT.The therapist had me use a theraband tied to a doorknob.I had a few different exersizes to do with that.All arm and upper chest exersizes~ Mine will still act up now&then and its been a couple years since I went thru that at its worse.I know its painful to lift your arms.(usually one sided) hope your better soon~
    Take care,
    Tracey
  3. palmtree

palmtree New Member

My mother had a frozen shoulder when I was quite young and I will never forget it. She could not even move it and was in so much pain. She worked with a chiropractor who restored her arm.
  4. nancyL

nancyL New Member

I had it about 2 years ago.....very strange. Never heard of it before as did all my family and friends!! Just another crazy thing I got. Did physical therapy...but my doc was right...it takes about a year to go away...it went away just like it came. No problem with range of motion now..it was my left shouler. Everything is always on the left. My left side hurts more than my right.

GOod luck...I did the exercises at home...but not sure if that all works or not!

Nancy
  5. Jaden

Jaden New Member

I have had this on and off since I was about 12 yrs!! I remember many times having to wear a sling in high school to let it rest before physical therapy!!

I still have a lot of problems with my shoulders as I have brusitus in both. Everyday I struggle with major pain in both shoulders, and it becomes frozen at times. The pain is terrible.

You are not alone dealing with this.

Jaden