Anyone ever have this

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Around both of my ankles it just felt like something was stinging or biting me. It hurt. I'm thinking its probably the nerves down there. Anyone ever get this?
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Around both of my ankles it just felt like something was stinging or biting me. It hurt. I'm thinking its probably the nerves down there. Anyone ever get this?
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I have this around my right ankle. Doctor says it's misfiring nerves ,in otherwords FMS. It itches sometimes too so I put benadryl spray on it.
    Klutzo
  4. sean

sean New Member

A stinging/burning sensation in the ankles,is just one of the symptoms I get.
  5. meandyou

meandyou New Member

Hi,
    I get that in my legs and the ankle area. I think it is something to with the nerves that area. It feels weird. I guess we will have to deal with it.

menadyou

6. motg

motg New Member

I get that and I also get a strange fealing the only way I can describe it is it is like something is crawling over my arms and lesg. It happens mainly at night.
    Barb
  7. Betty50victor

Betty50victor New Member

AM I GLAD I READ THIS POST. BARB, I'VE NEVER HEARD ANYONE TALK ABOUT THE SKIN CRAWLING THING. I TOLD MY DR. ABOUT IT AND HE JUST LOOKED AND SMILED AND SAID THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE. IN OTHER WORDS, HE HASN'T A CLUE! I HAVE A TATOO ON MY UPPER LEFT ARM, (I DESIGNED IT) VINES W/ROSES THRU OUT IT, AND THAT'S THE AREA I'VE FELT LIKE SOMETHING WAS CRAWLING UNDER THE SKIN. I THOUGHT THAT IT MIGHT BE FROM THE TATOO BUT I'VE HAD IT FOR ALMOST 3 YRS. NOW AND THE CRAWLING JUST STARTED ABOUT 6 MOS. AGO. YA KNOW, I JUST WONDER WHAT THE _ELL IS GONNA HAPPEN NEXT.
    TIL LATER, BETTY IN VALENCIA
  8. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I have to go along with motg & nomoredance here..I've had that skin crawling (feels like bugs) for years..My shrink once told me, MAYBE it is from my anxiety problems..Who knows..It doesn't happen all the time..But I also itch, arms, legs, stomach, etc, but the weird thing is that I itch mostly or more at night time.......Go figure.......
    Donna
  9. sean

sean New Member

Just out of interest has anyone had this crawling sensation in the ear, (I mean in the ear not on the ear) ?
  10. vloga

vloga New Member

Yes sean, horrid isn't it ? I'm very interested to hear of the stinging sensations; had assumed that I was the only one and my brain was imagining it. Actually, it may be - my Dr said the brain is really good at imagining pain. He wasn't being sarky, but prescribed a muscle relaxant, because he said that dulled the brain's perception of pain. Dulled my entire existence, so I'm reluctantly accepting the sensations instead. I find sticking my finger in my ear and wiggling it violently tends to make the 'creepies' go away !

I do yoga, and my yoga teacher used to advocate putting your little finger on your right hand into your right ear and wiggling it around to get rid of urgent muscle cramps while exercising. It usually works, although not always, so maybe there's a scientific reason why.

Vloga
  11. selma

selma New Member

OK it works. Pain in right shoulder gone!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe in accupressure, But never did this.

((((((((((((THANKS)))))))))))))))))))))))

Love, Selma

PS left hand works too, but not as well for me.
  12. tgirl

tgirl New Member

It feels like tiny insects are crawling all over me, and occasionally biting me. I've had it for years and don't notice it as much anymore. Now that I've said that, I'll be scratching all night....

Tgirl
  13. pamela

pamela New Member

yes, I have this alot. Even when I walk. I was in a wreck though which might be a bit different from you. my right foot was broken all up... all 4 toes broken sideways, have a hump on top of my foot, staples in my ankle on one side, the other side ? I know there is a big long scar and that is where I get the stinging and burning most. Wierd... HuH? But also I have had that sensation in my right leg too. and my arm some. My arm gets numb in the skin. More wierd. Pamela