Anyone Ever Heard Of or Experienced "Isolated Seizure"?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Jul 23, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I had not ever heard of this until I actually experienced it.

I have been reading some of the posts regarding memory loss and was curious about my situation. I rarely bring it up and not even sure if this is documented in my SSD records. This happened while I was located in another town/state and don't think I reported it; actually not sure.

Does anyone think memory loss could have been related to this or to the FM? Of course this happened several years ago, prior to being dx with FM, but from what I have read, isn't it possible to have FM before we are actually dx? I will tell you that I had no knowledge of who I was nor anyone else for 2 complete days. Strange, huh? I did not take light of this as to me, it was a "wake up" call.

Any opinions/comments?

Thank you,
    BlueSky555
  2. KelB

KelB New Member

I have full-blown epilepsy but a friend's girlfriend had what was called an "isolated seizure" a couple of years back.

The way it was explained to her, a single seizure is something that can happen to the most healthy person, It's just a one-off epileptic episode and as long as the person recovers as expected, no further follow-up is done.

If there are repeated seizures, then you are investigated for epilepsy and other conditions.

The isolated seizure was exactly what happens in epilepsy, it just doesn't recur. I don't know whether they would have any long-term impact - might well be worth raising it with your doc.
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Put my name in the search and click on username and read my post this happen to me. No one would believe me if I told you everything.

I am just very thankful I found my way home. And wasn't found dead somewhere. Its made me wonder about people who come up missing never to be seen again .I really believe its only threw the grace of God I'm alive today.

none of my doc's DX it as a seizure. I have had a different kind before. But didn't loose my memory
    [This Message was Edited on 07/23/2006]
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

KelB and carebelle; thank you for your responses. I have not been back online until now since I posted this. I do apologize for taking so long to thank you both.

I suppose I'm ok now, except trouble with memory. I was told that if I had not "come to" by the 2nd day after it happened, they were going to do some kind of spinal test on me. I'm so thankful that my friend asked them to take me off ALL meds first; they did, and I came to.

I do appreciate your responses,

BlueSky555