Anyone Ever Sue Car Insurance Co for Causing Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pegshell, Apr 4, 2007.

1. pegshell

pegshell New Member

Jan 30,2003 my whole life changed. I was a healthy 50 Yo with a great job making $80,000 and on my way to work got in a car accident and have never been out of pain since.I've seen many doctors of all specialties and have tried every alternative med out there and still I am very debilitated.All agree that I have Fibro.I was on short term disability when my company sent me to "Their Independent.HA!Doctor who said I could return to work..even if I was in pain...My docs tried to fight it but they said their docs opinion was what they cared aboot so they terminated me after 11 years and many awards...Now my court case is coming up soon and it is so tricky because noone truly knows what causes Fibro,I probably will not get much but if the jury believes that it did I could get a lot since I lost my livelihood..We are barely hanging on to our house at the moment and husband had to declare bankruptcy a year ago,,,Has anyone had a similr Court Case??
  2. Engel

Engel New Member

I hope you get some responses. I am really sorry you are going through all of this difficulty. My sister was in a bad car accident a few years ago in Arizona and she got a pretty big settlement from it. She was riding in a car and an uninsured driver ran a red light and hit them. The person who was driving the car she was in was fine but she really got messed up bad and was hospitalized. It took quite a while for the settlement to come through though.

I hope it all works out for you (((((( hugs ))))))

I am going to an attorney about bancruptcy next week. There is no way I can pay bills with no income or half income :-( I have been on STD but don't know if it is getting extended ... if I will get LTD ... or if I am fired?