ANYONE EVER TRIED THE ONE STROKE PAINTING?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by atiledsner, Jan 7, 2006.

1. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I have been looking for something to do, but I can't stand for longer than 20-30 minutes.I watch some of the painting techniques on QVC.I find they are very expensive. Any one ever tried them or went for certification to teach? A special is going on now if you register early it is 449.00 for 2 1/2 days. Not encluding anything else.What da'ya think? Dianne
  2. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I always thought Donna's flowers were so pretty, that when I had a chance last spring to take a class, I did. It was murder going every night for 2 and 1/2 hours but I am glad I made the extra effort. I think I do pretty well, with no natural talent. It is actually easy to do. I painted some things for gifts and for my house. Most hobbies are expensive, I agree.

I just know that I am glad I learned.

Jana
  3. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I don't think I could do it though. Just got no ability in doing stuff w/ my fingers.

But I would like to knit or make birdhouses or some things that would make nice gifts. Maybe somebody will find something that requires even less dexterity than one stroke painting.
  5. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

6. sdown

sdown New Member

I took a watercolour class 2 years ago and it was very therapeutic. Teacher said some people branch off into other art forms after taking his classes. I often thought of painting alongside one of those TV shows. Ive watched their techniques and it looks like something I would enjoy. I say go for it!
  7. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

And really enjoyed it! It is a little difficult for me to get the tiny little movements down that make the different flowers and leaves and stuff but it was a lot of fun.

You can get a book and the paints at Hobby Lobby a lot cheaper.

Enjoy!!