Anyone ever try Zelnorm for IBS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by claudiaw, Apr 3, 2006.

1. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I have some samples but afraid to try.

i remember a few yrs. ago there was an IBS type med that caused colon cancer, so it had to pulled .

I have had to take more med's lately and have been eating more wheat and cheese and things are not "moving" as they should.:(

I take probiotics, gentle fiber and usually eat lot's of veggies. My diet just hasn't been very good lately so my I.B.S.(constipation)is worse.

I wonder if you can use Zelnorm just when you need it, instead of everyday.

claudia
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Told me that pure activated charcoal works very well for IBS symptoms, is probably better than all the new drugs.

Just passing it on.

Love Anne C
  3. LouieLouie

LouieLouie New Member

Hi, yes I have tried zelnorm for my "Constipation IBS"
    it worked great for about 2 weeks then quit on me. So if I take it once a month for 2 weeks, it keeps me regular with no bloating and the other yucky stuff.
  4. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

for the reply's.:)

Claudia
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I always leaned on the C side too, but when I do go there's often the big D, the kind that leaves me weak, chilled and headachy. Not surprising to be that toxic after a week sometimes w/out a b.m.

The Primal Defense has made me regular for the first tim e in my life. It's not really expensive for me, because I use almost a half dose once daily and only use it every week or two for a several days to keep the effects.

Jeanne
  6. livin4him

livin4him New Member

Like another post here, it also worked for my IBS constipation problem for about 1-2 weeks, then quit. My doctor prescribed it for everyday. My insurance only covered part of cost too. So out that money. How many times has that happened, huh.

I had terrible problems trying to find something to help my bowels work and the only thing that works for my constipation without the cramping is the Phillips Milk of Magnesia, the concentrated form. I just take two tablespoons at bedtime when I need it. When I need a stronger "cleaning" I try and take the magnesium citrate in oj.

Take care and hope you find something that works for you.
  7. ephemera

ephemera New Member

I'm trying 1 a day, not the 2 daily as prescribed. My system (& wallet) can't handle it & other all the other pills.

It sometimes works & sometimes not. When it works it's great. When it doesn't nothing works & I suffer from the alternating diarrhea & constipation.

I take Chinese herbs as well & still have problems although I should be over my IBS by now. My body doesn't seem to understand those "Shoulds."