Anyone ever wake up with pain on one side of head/face?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat-E, May 29, 2006.

1. kat-E

kat-E New Member

My jaw was hurting a bit yesterday... but I thought nothing of it. Today I woke up and the whole right side of my head hurts. My scalp, my ear, the right side of my face, my jaw...feels like pins and needles and the occasional zap... I thought I had experienced about every kind of pain there is, but this is new. I wonder if it is a pinched nerve in my neck or something like that.

Blessings
  2. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

I get pain on the right side of my scalp, ear and jaw. I do not get pins and needles but I do get zapped. In my case, it is often worse in the morning. According to my acupuncturist, this pain is along the gall bladder meridian. She claims that, during the night, toxins etc. build up in the gall bladder (cfs people often have sensitive gall bladders) and pain is felt along the meridian points.

I do not know how true this is, but she is able to relieve it - so, in my case, I'll accept her theory.

Your pain might be due to a pinched nerve. However, if you push on any areas that really hurt, (especially to the right of the eye and on the back of the neck half way from the centre of the neck and the bottom of your right ear) and rub them and they improve i.e., the pain level reduces, it could be gall bladder pain in your case too.
  3. jesfms

jesfms New Member

yeah i get that on left side of face and all the way down to left foot sometimes...i have always wondered if it is related to grinding my teeth...dr did mri on neck artery, neck, and brain but did not see anything that could be causing it...it is interesting to hear about the gall bladder meridian
  4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

when the last time you went to the denist?Do you grind your teeth?
  5. kat-E

kat-E New Member

If it is it is manifesting in a different way. Who knows... I just chalk it up to a new kind of pain, something else to ddeal with... it could be worse.

Thanks to all for your replies
  6. shelbo

shelbo New Member

7. Marta608

Marta608 Member

...as a matter of fact. Even my skin hurts on the left side of my face. I noticed a "sleep crease" on that cheek so maybe it has something to do with pressure on the facial muscles. I have it every so often. It can last one day or three.

Marta