Anyone every try Duragesic -( fentanyl transderrmal patch)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by flo, Oct 7, 2002.

1. flo

flo New Member

Hi all,
    My Dr just put me on this new pain Patch. I just started it tonight around 6:00 pm and when I went to bed I could roll over and the pain wasnt so bad on my shouldres and sides. And I have been having to walk with a cane almost all the time lately -really bad low back pain. I had an MRI but i dont know yet what it showed. I really think it is the Myofacial pain entrapping the nerves and the periformis syndrome .I have such hard ropes and lumps in my muscles and unbearable pain. People have been bringing in meals for my family bacause I havent been able to walk.This patch seems to be helping. Does anyone else use these. I would love to know more about this med.Is it another type of opied.It is suppose to last for 72 hrs then take it off and put on another, so it is a continuse dose of pain med going in through the skin.Im curious if I feel better can I stop using it and then go back to it if I flare up again.That is how I was using the oxcycontin but this is a replacement for that. Drs are trying to switch people over to this instead of oxycontin. Dr are so afraid of the big gun coming down on them these days.It is a shame.Anyway if anone has any experience with this please let me know how it works for you.
    Thanks in advance ~ Flo
  2. flo

flo New Member

Hi all,
    My Dr just put me on this new pain Patch. I just started it tonight around 6:00 pm and when I went to bed I could roll over and the pain wasnt so bad on my shouldres and sides. And I have been having to walk with a cane almost all the time lately -really bad low back pain. I had an MRI but i dont know yet what it showed. I really think it is the Myofacial pain entrapping the nerves and the periformis syndrome .I have such hard ropes and lumps in my muscles and unbearable pain. People have been bringing in meals for my family bacause I havent been able to walk.This patch seems to be helping. Does anyone else use these. I would love to know more about this med.Is it another type of opied.It is suppose to last for 72 hrs then take it off and put on another, so it is a continuse dose of pain med going in through the skin.Im curious if I feel better can I stop using it and then go back to it if I flare up again.That is how I was using the oxcycontin but this is a replacement for that. Drs are trying to switch people over to this instead of oxycontin. Dr are so afraid of the big gun coming down on them these days.It is a shame.Anyway if anone has any experience with this please let me know how it works for you.
    Thanks in advance ~ Flo
  3. wildkrp1959

wildkrp1959 New Member

Hi Flo Please excuse my lack of computer I am still in the learning stage. In no way or you by yourself yes i do have the patch Yes Yes we do need or stinking Patches haha. My doctor prescibed them for me last month. Unforunately I am allergic to them but they work so good I am going to stay with them. I get a very good rash from the adhesive they use so i have to change my every 2 days or it gets very bad they do work, but i hope you have something for break through pain, which i pray you don,t have it can be very bad even with patches. I stopped the mscontin i along with probably everyone eles am so darn tried of taking so many pills. Then to top it off at least i do i forget if i take my meds and probably have taken double doses sometimers is what i call it sometimes i remember sometimes i don't so the patch has solved that problem. Yes it works good for me I hope and pray it will do the same for you Flo take care of your self and may you find more good days then bad
    i have had this dagnapbit dx for 18yrs so hang in there flo hope to talk again with you. kathy aka wildkrp1959
  4. Dawnt

Dawnt Member

I was prescribed it about a month and a half ago. I was nauseated before I started using it because of a bad gall bladder. But after the gall bladder was removed, I stopped using the patch for a week to drive down to florida from MN without being on any narcotics. When I put it back on I became so nauseated that I couldn't stop vomitting until I took it off and a day went by. The patch didn't really help my pain anyway. To answer some of your questions, you should go do the fentynal website. It tells you not to stop using if you feel better. Really it'll answer any questions that you have. And feel free to call their 1-800# on the box, I did when I had questions and they answer them there.
    Dawn