anyone exercise?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Sep 4, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

OK my sweet loving hubby bought us an exercise machine today .

its called total Gym 1500

Hes convinced it will be good for me.I can sit up on some days.

Has anyone tryied this before its the one Christi Brinkley and Chuck Norris advertise ????????????????

Well I'm going to try it .I am a very weak person I hope it helps .Ill go slow it has a plan for those people who do not exercise. I have to get my strength back somehow
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I just tried to do it and well I'm waiting for a good day .I am just to weak in my arms and hands right now.

my hubby can use it.

Good luck on yours That looked hard to me on tv.do your hips hurt when you use it?
  3. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I exercise and it really helps my fatigue. During the warm months I ride my bike and I have several pieces of exercise equipment at home. I have an elliptical bike and a Gazelle and a treadmill. My PT told me to not do any strength training but I have had cervical spinal fusion so my situation may be very different from yours. I would go very easy and don't push. I hope it works out for you. Exercise has been a God send for me.

Nancy
  4. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

i do hydro-tone. i can do almost everything that you would do in the gym in the pool. it is low impact and very soothing. sometimes machines can be too much for fybromyalgia because our muscles are already sore.
  5. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

was the one thing that helped more than anything else I tried. I had a period of time that I suddenly got horrific headaches from my usually pleasant bike ride, and I saw a Nuero, and we added some more meds, and that has seemed to help, so I am back at it, but at a slower pace than before.

I had to start very, very slow and work up. Maybe 4 mins a day. But I got to where I could ride 10 miles on my bike. The freedom was wonderful, and the endorphins are a Godsend!

Don't give up on yourself. It is very hard. But well worth the fight.
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I really am going to do it very slow I live with so much pain .Thank you all for your comits. It makes it a little less scary.
  7. Suzan

Suzan New Member

And I loved using it..then my son "stole " it to rehab his shoulder..and I haven't ever gotten it back..LOL funny how that happens with kids sometimes...although he still uses it, and I am glad that he finds it helpful too! I have a pool and have been doing water exercises all summer. I cannot say that I feel better physically after several months of regular exercise..but I KNOW my stomach is now a bit flatter..and it was awfully good for my mental health! Now it is cooling down..and I have to find a way to motivate myself to continue working out! UGH. I think I am going to try to go back to yoga..which I haven't done in a couple years on a regular basis..and try to get on the treadmill several times a week two...HOPEFULLY I can stick to doing them both!