Anyone experience frequent muscle strains from fibro.?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by msmina63, Jun 18, 2006.

1. msmina63

msmina63 New Member

I am 22 years old and I'd say about a year ago I began to experience stiffness in the mornings and mild pain in my arms and legs. I'd say that in the last three months I've pulled (strained) the muscles in my neck and upper back four times. Three times it occurred while either going to or come up from the resting position. I noticed that's the pain is right around the same spots as the 10 tender points on the upper body for fibro. diagnosis (but the only times the spots are tender to touch is after an injury).

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. It's very painful and disruptive to my daily life when this happens. I can't turn my head, lift my arms, lay on my side, etc.

Other symptoms: About 6 months ago, I began have frequent muscle spasms, numbness and tingling in my arms and legs. Certain spots on my skin occasionally feel like i've been burned (I can't stand for anything to touch my skin). It will last for about 2 days and go away instantly, other times my skin just hurts when someone touches me. I am beginning to feel very achy in my arms and legs and I went to the doc thinking it was a vitamin deficiency, but it wasn't. I was refered to a neuro and blood work and test were done for MS, Lupus, Lyme, viruses, etc. All came back fine. I'm wondering about fibro. but the only thing is that the only times I feel pain when I touch the tender points is after an injury, even though I do feel achy all over.
  2. uktim1

uktim1 New Member

hi i seem to strain either my neck or back almost every other day my arms wrist legs and ankles not as often but more than folks without f.m i get the burnt patches too sting like mad then come out in a red rash that looks just like a burn tc tim