Anyone experience frequent nausea and dizziness?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by boltchik, Aug 11, 2006.

1. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Hi,

For about 3 weeks, I have had nausea and dizziness, esp. in the morning, not pregnant! Comes and goes throughout the day. I had tried to start up on zoloft again, but that was only 4 days ago, and it was so harsh on my nausea I had to stop. I have CFS and fibro. Anyone experience a similar situation?

Thanks!
  2. jess

jess New Member

Hi, I get bouts of nausea and dizziness. It could be at anytime during the day. Then I will go for periods without any of it. Sometimes I get one or the other. At its worst, I get awful vertigo with nausea. I often resort to Zoffran for nausea if ginger tea doesn't work. I use a scop patch for vertigo because I can't function otherwise. The patch does have side effects like fatigue and slow heart rate. It can only be used for 3 days at the most. It does work but I try not to use it. It is after all a prescription. I think the symptoms are all somehow related to the autonomic system dysfunction and low blood volume. Jess
  3. iggyangel

iggyangel New Member

on severe episodes when the nausea kicks in w/the dizziness, i took my Blood pressure and it had plummeted almost 30 pts.(100/59)
    I realy dont know why this happens but I get it too.
    blessings,
    Iggy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/12/2006]
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I have been sick to my stomach for a couple days, but not 3WEEKS! Have you asked your doctor? Are you eatting something that isn't agreeing with you?

Why is your name Bolt chik? Do you like fabric? I am a fabric a holic, haha! I make quilts.

Take Care
    Kellyann
  5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Hi, I picked Boltchik because I am a huge Charger Fan and their symbol is a lightning bolt. I just got a huge amount of blood tests run so hopefully they will tell me something about the nausea/dizziness. I have had thyroid issues before and I also have pretty low blood pressure on a regular basis. Thanks for asking! :)
  6. zion1971

zion1971 New Member

nausea and dizziness were my worst symptoms when i first got ill. how long have you been sick? around the 4th year, it started to subside. now i may feel that way a few times a month. i really think it is a common symptom of the illness.
  7. JaneMarieIsHere

JaneMarieIsHere New Member

Yes! Since getting CFS/FMS I have had to modify many, MANY daily activities to accomodate the "dizzies". I no longer flip head forward to dry hair (I'd fall over); no longer hang head over sink to brush teeth; never bend forward quickly; I turn head very slowly in car when making lane changes; never turn head with eyes closed...or find my head "swimming".

All of these "dizzies" get far worse with over-doing-it....getting too tired = major dizzies. With some adjustments......you'll learn to manuever around most of it. Good luck and God bless.
  8. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I used to have both regularly until I took Effexor as well.

It got worse for the first 2 weeks on the med and now I 'm almost back to my old self.

For me it has been a miracle drug so far.

Sue in Ontario

9. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

Nausea and dizziness. I try to pretend it isn't there, but it won't go away.

I could have written the post that was written by JaneMarieisHere. She described me perfectly.

I hate being like this. I take phenergan, but it doesn't always help.

Linda
  10. Jupiter7

Jupiter7 New Member

I can't believe it. I'm new to this site, and am just happy to know I'm not alone in the dizziness, as my Rheum doc was blaming my dizziness on allergies, even after 2 ENT's couldn't find a problem. Has anyone had it disappear for about a month or so, then come back but a little "different"? I'd love to know!
    Thanks
  11. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

I had it last year about twicw to 3 times a week sometims vomiting ot and headaches went on for a few months the gastroenternolist I saw perscibed hydoxizine for the nausea it worked pretty good.

never did find out what it was just all the things it wasn't.

had a colonoscopy endoscopy and one other one they found a fatty liver and barraets esophogus none of wich they said would have cause the nasuea or vomiting well the barrets well cause me to vomit if I don't take the pills for it but other than that no clue why the nausea dizziness.

Teri
  12. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I just got back from vacation and did not know people were still responding to my post. On a good note, I felt wonderful on my vacation, the nausea and dizziness have subsided for now. I did stop taking the zoloft because it definitely was not helping the situation. This illness throws new things at you on a regular basis. Thanks again for all of the responses! :)