Anyone experience more pain on Celexa

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maggie_d, Feb 7, 2007.

1. maggie_d

maggie_d New Member

Hi all,

I recently weaned off of Celexa - today was last day, I did not like the side effects I was experiencing, mainly more leg pain, flat mood and weight gain. I think the weight gain can also be from the recent stress I was under after losing my dear brother. I also have not had any desire to exercise, haven't been to the gym since mid December - but that is when my brothers health really started to go downhill. I have gone from working out at least 3 - 4 days a week to not caring at all. I really do not like the flat mood, has anyone experienced this while on celexa.

Your input is appreciated,

Maggie

2. maggie_d

maggie_d New Member

3. cotelisa

cotelisa New Member

Hello,
    I have been on Celexa for years. I was just recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and the doc said it had nothing to do with Celexa even though it is all pain in my legs...especially while I am trying to sleep. I gained 5 lbs on the generic form of Celexa and lost it within days when I switched to the brand.

have you tried paxil? I used to be on that and the other symptom I had was night sweats.
  4. rubyart

rubyart New Member

Hi, I tried it briefly, but felt more pain while I was on it, unfortunately. I know it works for a lot of people.
  5. maggie_d

maggie_d New Member

re: trying a different med, I was on paxil years ago, gained tons of weight and lost my ability to think rationally - it actually caused alcohol cravings. Tried Effexor, had major rosacea breakouts and all of them had the same awful side effect that affects couples.

I am going back to 5 HTP it was mild, but it helped. I went to the gym last night (finally) and took it easy, the whirlpool actually hurt my legs. I went into the steam room to loosen up my leg muscles and went back into the whirlpool and it wasn't as bad. Feel ok so far this morning.

I think I am very sensitive to AD's and will go the gentle exercise and stick to my old supplement protocol. I actually feel like going to the gym now that I am weaned off of the celexa.

Take care,
    M
  6. maggie_d

maggie_d New Member