Anyone experience this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by katvwolf, Mar 6, 2007.

  1. katvwolf

    katvwolf New Member

    Has anyone ever had a sharp immediate pain go right through their shoulder joint and straight down their arm, simply from taking a deep breath? I had this today and it was the kind of pain that makes you just want to sit down and cry like a little kid. It was so painful, it was worse than childbirth and I swore that I was going to lose the use of my arm because there was a numbing/tingly sensation afterwards. Luckily, it didn't last long, but I'm terrified it will come back! I can deal with all my other pains, the fatigue, etc., but not this...

    What is this?

    I've noticed that other than my trigger points/knots, muscle pain, etc. being worse since the accident, I'm also much more fatigued-is this normal?

    Thanks in advance for your replies!

  2. elizajane40

    elizajane40 New Member

    I have problems with costochondritis. It immflamation of the connective tissue between your ribs and sternum. Sometimes the pain is so bad I have to go to the ER so they can give me an injection of valium. Sometimes the pain will shoot down the should and arm. It can't really cause any harm....but you should mention it to your dr and if you are scared you are having a heart attack go immediately to the er. Look it up on the internet...lots of folks with FMS have problems with this...
  3. Shalala

    Shalala New Member

    ... you might want to go to the DR or ER. Mine is on my right side. I have that dern costicondritis or whatever (can't even think to spell any more) with the chest wall/left breast. No fun and it is very unnerving. So much of this pain we have mimmics pains you are "warned to watch out for" with heart attacks, etc. I am to the point where if it is my time to go it is my time to go ... :-( .

    I hope you feel better (((((((( hugs )))))))))
  4. bettydroop

    bettydroop New Member

    Yes thats painful.

    Sounds like the muscles that flex your head - called the Scalenes- because you said it hurt when you breathed, you had numbness and tingling and then you said you now have more problems with trigger points now. It might help to get that checked out. Have you ever heard of Thoracic outlet syndrome?

    I have people come in with that and it can, for the most part, be easily resolved. You should make an appointment with your Dr. and see who they want to refer you to. If they do want you to try massage therapy then they can give you a referral. Just find someone who does MEDICAL TREATMENT Massage.

    But... thats just a thought - Who knows- but the Dr. should look at ya.

    Wishing you luck!


[ advertisement ]