Anyone experienced herx on Nutiva Hemp shake?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimelia, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

I've been sick since monday. I could hardly get out of bed. I started taking it sunday night... I'm so weak and miserable. I hope someone knows if this could be the trigger.
  2. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

I'm going to keep this bumped.. I really need to have ya'lls input if you have experience..

3. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Kimelia,
    Yes, I've had the same problem with that. I've just had to stop using it. I can use hemp seeds with no problem, so you can use those and get those good omega's.

I make " the shake" that a lot of people here are using instead of the Nutiva hemp shake.

Take care,
    Kbak
  4. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Oh, wow. I feel so dumb about now. I mean I've been ill all week long. Practically bedridden. I did do something this past weekend that I thought was causing me to detox so I guess taht's why I didn't put ti together..

I'm wondering, if it made me react that way in the long run will it be beneficial?

Does that shake have whey in it? What is the recipe?

Thanks for your input :)
    [This Message was Edited on 07/27/2006]
  5. kbak

kbak Member

Whey 3/4 TB for women - 1 TB for men
    Flax 2 TB for women - 1 TB for men
    3 or 4 almonds
    1 apple
    1 tsp to 1 TB molasses

There is no way I could stand to do that hemp shake if I was sick all the time, even if it's benefical. This shake is great. People also doctor it up with other things they like.

Good Luck!

kbak