Anyone familiar with Life Force?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by birdo, Aug 1, 2008.

1. birdo

birdo New Member

First, please excuse if this gets posted twice. I thought I sent it before but...
    I just had a rep. from Life Force at my house. She assured me that their products (particularly Body Balance) is proven to be highly effective on CFS. Is anyone familiar with this?
    Because it's so pricey, I want to hear more testimony about it before buying.
  2. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi Robin,

This is just my opinion of course. I looked at the Life Force website and the Body Balance product. My thought is that the product could potentially work fine for anyone. However, it is ridiculously pricey. If you or anyone ate large variety of fruits and vegetables every day (most Americans don't) and take fish oil, you will get much of the same benefit that this product promises. If you want aloe vera, you could take that as a supplement and still be coming out much cheaper than using this product.

The product mentions that it has "121 nutrients, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, essential fatty acids, and enzymes". To be honest, you could be giving your body too many things.

I think it's better to find out what your body might be deficient in (for me I'm low in Vitamin D, so I'm taking a supplement) and getting your nutrients naturally through a variety of healthy foods than to overload your body with vitamins and nutrients you might not even need at all and might be getting in the foods you already eat.

I also don't see any CFS docs recommending it. I've been in sales before for several years, and I sense that the rep could be making a false claim about these products being effective for CFS in order to get you to buy the product. I would ask her for the proof and make her back it up.

Best of luck in your decision.

Have a great day,

[This Message was Edited on 08/01/2008]
  3. birdo

birdo New Member

That's my thinking. I'm just so desperate to get my son feeling at least human again but I take him to Hershey med. center in PA and they never heard of it. Why??? But yet......
  4. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

I don't blame you for wanting to help your son. I'm so sorry he's so sick. Many of us here are and want to feel better. It's just that MLM companies are banking on people such as yourself who are feeling desperate and therefore willing to pay a lot of money to try their products. I just hate to see you do that.

To me, Body Balance is just a fancy way of packaging vitamins and minerals. It's very overpriced. CFS is a very complex illness that can't be solved with vitamins alone. Ask the Life Force rep to back up her claims. I'm doubting she can do it.

Do you see any newsletters on CFS here that recommend Life Force? No. Does anyone here talk about Life Force? No. You can buy vitamins at a fraction of the price that will do the same thing. If vitamins and minerals could cure CFS, you would not see so many people on this message board.

It's just a fancy way of packaging vitamins, and the woman who is talking to you is a clever sales lady. These people are very good at what they do and will tell you anything you want to hear to make money. I just don't want to see you throw money down the drain.

Don't get ripped off!

Warm hugs,

5. birdo

birdo New Member

EVerything you say is so true. It's the special sea weed that gets to the know the story. My husband was a little suspicious when so much time was spent on trying to recruit us to join the selling team. I'm not rushing out and getting it. I think I decided to go more with diet which people on this board (having read posts from recent history) seem to feel is very important. I also want to find an herbalist that can help as well. So many herbs and I'm clueless on where to begin!!What works for some doesn't work for others.