Anyone familiar with LTD process

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ritatheresa, Mar 13, 2006.

1. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

I sent out the forms for my long term disability today, is anyone familiar with how the process works.

My payments are suppossed to start April 15. Is anyone familiar with the process?

Should I expect to have a medical exam through the insurance company right from the getco? I have a ton of questions but really I would just like to know what to expect.

Anyone? Thank you, Ritatheresa
  2. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi rita--<P>
    First of all, it depends on your company. If you have the misfortune of dealing with a certain popular one that begins with a "U", I can tel you all of the NASTY little details so you are prepared for the battle to come. I really hope you have a different company, though, for your sake. <P> You may not have an exam right off the bat depending on your own doctors documentation, so make sure you get copies of ALL of your records for your own file. <P> Also, be very careful with phone calls to and from the company, they will act like your pals but but anything you say can and will be used against you! For instance, Never say never, just say that you rarely do this or that, or that it is very difficult. Most surveillance starts after a denial in a few months, so just be careful what you say--ask me anything! take care and good luck--L
  3. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

Thanks for the advice, I do appreciate it, I hope it goes through, I'm living on barely nothing. I'll keep you posted