Anyone familor with this mediciation...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fificat, Oct 27, 2005.

1. fificat

fificat New Member

hello all
    I've been taking Vicodin Es 7.5 500mg as needed for pain for a while now but I hate the way it makes me feels and I really don't take it that often which I'm VERY luckly for after reading/ meeting all of you wonderful people.

My question is.... My gyno. suggested that maybe a medacation called Maxidone would be better for me. That i would tolerate it better. Has anyone tired it?( I know it is hydrocodone)

Just thought you Pros would have some more knowledge for me before I call and make an appt. for my PCP. Or if you have any other ideas Im open for them....

hope everyones well...
    Bless you All
    Sharlie
  2. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

Hi Sharlie!

From what information seems to be available online, Maxidone appears to be similar in ingredients to Vicodin ES (7.5/500). They are different brand names but in the same classification.

There is a difference in dose, however. The Maxidone seems to have more of both hydrocodone and acetaminophen than the type of Vicodin you are presently taking.

PDR Drug information for

MAXIDONE™ TABLETS (Watson)
    Manufacturer: Watson
    (Hydrocodone Bitartrate
    and Acetaminophen
    Tablets, USP)
    Rx only

DESCRIPTION
    Maxidone™ (Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen) is supplied in tablet form for oral administration.

Each Maxidone™ tablet contains:

Hydrocodone Bitartrate 10 mg

Acetaminophen 750 mg

CONTRAINDICATIONS
    Maxidone™ Tablets should not be administered to patients who have previously exhibited hypersensitivity to hydrocodone or acetaminophen.

Hope this helps! I've never taken Maxidone so I can't answer from experience.

Janice
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I'm wondering if Percocets would be a better choice for you? You could ask your doc. Keep trying to find something that will help you feel better. I know it is frustrating, but don't give up on this.

Good things often take time. :)

Hugs,
    Faye
    I take Lortabs 10/500 mg... Have never taken Vicodins...
  4. tilla

tilla New Member

Darvocet works for me. Seems to have a relaxer in it that calms my muscles.

Tilla