Anyone feel better after they moved??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bozey, Aug 15, 2005.

1. bozey

bozey New Member

I was just wondering if anyone has felt better after they have moved from their last home? Meaning, maybe there was some mold in their house that they didn't know about that could have been keeping them sick?

We live in the oldest house in our town. It was the first house built here. So it is close to 100 years old. We've been here 7 years and I definately have had worse allergies in the last 5 years.

And, I am sure there has to be mold here since the house is so old. It doesn't have a basement, just a small cellar. And under the floor is actual tree trunks as the base. I just love old and rustic.

But, sadly, we are going to be selling it as soon as DH gets a few things fixed around here because, we just can't afford it anymore.

We have another house that my son lives in and he will be building a new house and we will move to the one he is in now. It is alot smaller too. But, that's okay too. Less to clean and I need to get rid of alot of stuff anyway.

bozey
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I had mold in my old home . We had no basement.Sold it and moved in with my father in law.Thats so my husband could take over his bills and taking care of things around the house. It does not have mold and I do not feel any better.
    I was hoping when we moved that I would feel better but did not.
    Hope this helps a little.
    Sue
  3. bozey

bozey New Member

I guess I'll find out when I move. I guess there is no way to know till then.

Thanks guys
  4. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

I was busy working in the basement for over a week getting ready for a garage sale, going through baby clothes that got wet and moldy from a leak,,,,,washing them all and the boxes were a mess before I had sudden onset of CFS.

I really think this was a factor in my illness. Once I moved (marriage felt apart through illness) I began to improve so I'm not entirely sure if it was just the basement or the stress reduction which I now call my EX !! lol

Take care and best wishes.....hoping all works out well for you......foxglove
  5. happygranny

happygranny Member

I had lived in my 100 yr old victorian 'Dream Home' for over 8 years until we moved last fall into a new apartment.

The old house had been renovated/restored, but there was no basement, just a dirt crawl space, and it got quite moldy down there sometimes and I wondered about it.

We moved from British Columbia to Winnipeg Manitoba. Different climate, colder in winter and hotter in summer in Manitoba.

Am surrounded by loving family here, and better access to medical treatment (sort-of)

I feel worse. {sigh}

happygranny