Anyone feel cranky and irritable?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lmn, Jul 29, 2003.

1. lmn

lmn New Member

Oh my gosh, what the heck is wrong with me? I spent the last 2 months weaning off celexa and trazadone. Withdrawl was no picnic, so I'm glad it's over. I've been totally off both of them for a week. My sleep is ok, but I'm so grouchy it's not even funny!! Everything makes me mad.....my poor kids!! They were looking at me today like "what the h@*ll is your problem?".

I feel a little bit edgy and jumpy too. Could it be my body adjusting, or what? Anyone?

Thanks for listening,
    lmn

PS I stopped the Celexa and Trazadone because I may be trying Topamax. I know it helps with sleep, weight loss, and FM pain, but does it help with mood?
  2. MiahRoo

MiahRoo New Member

I just have days where I'm really on edge and snippy. No idea why. It's not any medication that I'm on, or lack of medication. I think it's just being sick...it takes it's toll on my emotions some days.
  3. shazz

shazz New Member

I am a mega BEEEAAATCH!!!!!
    I could bite the head off someone if they cross me. Or the next minute I could bawl if someone says nothing. I have been this way for a long time now. I went 6 months with virtually no sleep, and though I have been sleeping well for the past 6 nights with the help of topamax, I think I still have lots of catching up to do.
    I have read that topamax is sometimes used as a mood stabilizer, but haven't seen that effect yet, nor a decrease in appetite, but I have just started and am on a very low dose, 25 mgs for another week, and then will bump up to 50 per day.
    I think we get cranky because we flat out feel like crap most of the time, it's enough to try anyone's patience.
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Its probably the meds, just your system getting used to being off them.

I can't take meds, but I am normally a very quick tempered person, have been all my life.

But since I started taking ZMA (zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6), I have more patience, less anger, do not get that panicky feeling too much anymore either.

Plus it is a mineral that most of us are deficient in. Its a natural tranquilizer.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 07/29/2003]
  5. nancyw

nancyw New Member

I feel the same way and just posted something the other day - Ultra-sensitive Emotions. I got quite a few responses you might want to take a look at. You're definitely not alone. I've always been a "happy" person and this edgy/cranky stuff is for the birds.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I don't know whether it's everyone with chronic illness or just our illnesses which can produce this, but you are definitely not alone.

Love, Mikie
  7. klutzo

klutzo New Member

It's just down the page from this post and discusses this exact issue. There are a lot of us with this problem. I think it is due to hormonal changes caused by the illness, but I can't prove that.
    Klutzo
  8. lmn

lmn New Member

I'll check the other posts, too. It's hard to accept the fact that this once easy going person gets uptight over the littlest thing lately. I do feel a little better today, but I can tell it won't take much to put me over the edge.

I apologized to my kids first thing this morning, and explained that I haven't been feeling well. They were fine, and accepted my apology, but did say they couldn't believe how grouchy I was. They are 12 and 15, both girls, and brutally honest!!

Hopefully it's just withdrawl. Time will tell. Thanks again.
    Fondly, lmn
  9. iggie

iggie New Member

I AM ON CELEXSA 40MG SWITCHED FROM ZOLOFT 150 MG BECAUSE OF WEIGHT GAIN BUT I FIND THE CELEXSA DOES NOT WORK THE SAME. I AM NOT DOWN AND OUT BUT VERY CRANKY AND MISERABLE YOU DON'T WANT TO BE IN MY LINE OF FIRE WHEN I BLOW NEED TO TRY SOMETHING ELSE.

Iggie
  10. hazygal

hazygal New Member

I can't tell you how terrible I can be around, my poor kids too. Actually i'm quite worried they will end up hating me when they are adults... But if I snap at them, I never get mad like that with my baby he is only three. But when I get upset and snap at my eight year old I always appologize and oh boy do I feel the pangs of guilt...But can't seem to help it. I'm on zoloft. I realize 8 yr olds can test your patience and she is really testing mine lately. Repeating something out loud over and over is soooo annoying to me, that i'll say her name real low a few times for her to get what I mean, then I'll say, "okay now stop it" she doesn't...So then I'll raise my voice higher and say stop it Chelsea! and she doesn't and then I scream it... Before I scream it she is laughing... Oh it gets to me sometimes especially since i'm soooo tired... Both of them demand attention at the same time and when one is getting lovings as I call it the other is either pouting or crying... When I love up on my girl who is 8, my "big boy" 3yrs old, moves in on us and pushes pulls yells screams! Mean time I've got alot to do and I am not young I'm 42 soon. I feel like terrible mother when my girl says mommy you know what? And it is incredibly inane talk, usually I've got to say, "what?" again "what?" then when I finally hear it it doesn't make sense anyway... (I don't yell at that though) I get all up tight and that isn't good for her. Tone of voice, facial expressions I feel makes her feel unloved....I am on 200mg of zoloft yet everything bugs me to NO END.... I'm one of those who is ultrasensitive to people and their comments and light, noise, touch etc... I hate it I really do... Sometimes I dread getting out of bed because it is soooo hard to be normal.
  11. hazygal

hazygal New Member

bumping for IMN
  12. lmn

lmn New Member

Boy, I remember how tough it was when my kids were as young as yours. The demand for attention and the way they push your buttons is enough to put even a healthy mom over the edge!! I was feeling bad because mine weren't really doing anything annoying, I was just plain annoyed in general!!

I'm happy to report I'm feeling way better. Could be the withdrawl was making me nuts. I have an appt. on Tuesday with my rheumy so I'll mention the grouchy attitude. Let's hope it will pass.

Hang in there, ok? Fondly, lmn
  13. annetteg1969

annetteg1969 New Member

Don't worry your not the only one I feel cranky most of the time good thing my husband and kids are supportive.I've tried prozac wellbutrin and Lexapro I feel prozac works the best.Hang in there your not the only one!!!!Annette
  14. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

is what I call it when I'm in a Flare and I get real Cranky, I just warn everyone, (the hubby) That I'm feeling Ouchy Grouchy today and don't look sideways at me, or else I start crying.

I usually don't Post much then either, cause I can read a Post and get mad about something, and later go back and read it, and then I'll see that there was nothing to get mad about. hmmmmm.

Most times though, I'm a real Sweetheart, lol, lol.
    sharon
  15. ljcishoping

ljcishoping New Member

I AM SO ILL I COULD EAT NAILS! I DONT LIKE BUT I CANT HELP IT! MY POOR COWORKERS GET YELLED AT ALL THE TIME FROM ME! WHEN THEY SEE ME COMING THEY RUN THE OTHER WAY. OF COURSE THEY DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON WITH ME AND I DO NOT TELL THEM FOR I GET TIRED OF TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND. MAYBE I WILL HAVE A BETTER DAY TOMMOROW AND I HOPE YOU DO TOO! I AM NOT A HUGGY PERSON,BUT GIVE YOURSELF A HUG FOR ME.

LOVE,LISA
  16. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

my Paxil, which is often because I just can't afford it sometimes. When I take it I can let stuff roll off my back but my poor husband really catches it when I'm out of it.

When I was raising my kids and not getting along with my husband I was undiagnosed, feeling horrible and noone believed there was anything physically wrong with me. I was a total b**ch! (also, as I just replied to another post, I have a lot of repressed anger). So I don't really know if the nasty disposition now days is a result of being off the Paxil or just a return to the way I was before.

JoAnn
  17. LillieBea

LillieBea New Member

If youre a diet soda drinker it can also cause major crankiness. Doesnt effect everyone but it does me, and I know alot of people who cant drink the aspertame sweetened sodas without becoming really "fly off the handle for no reason" angry.
  18. tandy

tandy New Member

Oh boy!!you hit a soft spot here!!LOL I can get mega snappy!! Never used to be like this either. I was one to hold it in,not No-MO! I agree with the"my poor kids"
    I think the boys know the look,if I'm in a cranky mood~
    I'm gonna search the Topamax....thanks for the mention~
    It sounds like a dream~(wishful thinking probably) Take care :)