Anyone Feel Horrible and Not From Pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Mar 20, 2006.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Just wish I could descibe in detail how I feel and see if any of you can relate?

I just have this pattern and its a weekly ritual..

I start with chills, no fever, then the stuffy head, fullness feeling which I think it may be allergies/sinus then the fatigue but unable to sleep, I do have aches and pains but not bad its just like I am in another world with fatigue, chills, can't take noise, lights etc. and when this happens I just have to go to bed sometimes a day of bed rest, then I will get up and try to do and wham I am back in bed with this awful feeling..

This time its been 4 days, then I get to feeling guilty and the depression hits.. After I recover which I usually do I will have maybe 3 fairly good days and then the cycle starts over again..

When this happens I have found nothing that helps..except the rest which that is all I can do..

I think is it CFS or maybe a sinus/allergy thing which seems to be a part of my CFS crash if that is what is happening.

I know I am rambling and not making any since as my poor brain isn't functioning as well as the rest of me..

It isn't the pain but just this horrible
    feeling that is so hard to explain..

Can anyone relate?

Thanks,
    greatgran
  2. mamaeagle0103

mamaeagle0103 New Member

I constantly have this "toxic" feeling. Just sick. I can not explain it either. It is real strange. Like if I could just somehow clean my system, blood, etc. I might feel better. I am making no sense either. It is like a flu achy, burning sensation with just enough nausea thrown in to make it real uncomfortable. Again, making no sense!! Just feels strange, all through my muscles, just everywhere.
  3. jane32

jane32 New Member

I get fevers though. I have horrible chills and so forth. I hac eno pain except for a few aches each month. I realize that I get two types of episodes. Each month I get a fever cycle which feels like the flu ...I look awful as well...then I recover after about 10 days. Then my good dasy start as long as I get the correct amount of sleep on top of that I can not do too much. If I do too much I crash like I did last week. Then I start to get upset and cry which just brigns me down another day or two. I still feel pretty bad today and I guess it is b/c my body is tryign to recover from my sleepless weekend and emotional roll coaster I was on. I am getting treated at the FFC but still no one can find the cause of my fevers. The only thing I can do as well as just rest. I don't sleep during the day just lay there and watch tv.
  4. jole

jole Member

This plus the pain. The pain is constant, and I consider a "good" day being the times when it is only the pain and not the chills, total fatigue,half-sick to my stomach,sore throat, raspy voice, total brain fog,etc. Nothing to do then but hit the bed, because I can't walk (no balance) at that time. My kids always know when I'm in a flare by my raspy voice.

the pain is soo bad, but add all the other symptoms and it becomes unbearable - therefore the depression sets in, and the feeling of being totally worthless, even though I'm on an antidepressant. Wish we all had the answers.

Friends - Jole
  5. dorabella

dorabella New Member

Oh god yes - I've been on just such a physical and mental downer for the last week.

Still fighting - mentally that is!!
  6. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

I know the feeling you are talking about. It sounds like CFS. It is very hard to describe. I also get dizzy, terrible breathing problems, weakness in legs, I feel as if my neck cannot hold up my head plus a multitude of other symptoms but they vary. Unless a person feels this way it is hard for them to understand. I also have no memory, sometimes it feels as if I am in a fog. I have had this for 21 years now. It has gotten worse over the years. If I push myself and do something such as going to the grocery store, I am down for days. I can definitely relate. You are not alone

God bless,
    Andrea
  7. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I believe the cycling of symptoms (though the symptoms may vary from person to person)are common to people with fibromyalgia. I also experience the 'toxic' feeling that's always there, keeping me from having a 'good' day even if my pain level is down.

I recently started some new pain medication and the Dr. prescribed an anti-nausea pill to counteract the nausea that is a side-effect of the painkiller.

The anti-nausea treatment is intended to be temporary (until my body adjusts to the painkiller) but I'm going to ask if the drug is safe to use longer-term (It's called metoclop)as it's cleared-up a lot of those symptoms.

I hope I can stay on the medication, or at lease use it intermittently because it's the only thing I've found to help with those toxic, flu-like symptoms.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  8. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thanks to each of you. It sure does help to talk to someone that can relate..My family just doesn't get it..

Its the crazy head feelings that make me start doubting my sanity..

I guess I have been doing to much, which is nothing compared to the "normals' but just a trip to the grocery does me in. I keep thinking I will be able to do this or go there guess I am just dreaming..Been trying for 6 years. I just want to take a 3 hr. trip out of town to see my grandson..

As long as I am "lazy" I do better but the guilt works on my poor mental status..I so try to be "normal" so the family will like me..but just unalbe to do it..Then I get, well what is wrong with you and when are you going to snap out of this..Oh, how I wish I could...

Thanks for being here for me,
    greatgran

9. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I think what you and others are describing, Greatgran, is the overwhelming malaise that comes from CFIDS. It is that feeling of just being sick and feeling lousy. I have that as well. It seems to be getting worse lately because Spring is here and I have pushed myself to do a little gardening. I am paying for it big time.

It makes me feel so sad that I can't do the things that I enjoy so much. I am also feeling very depressed today. I hate to admit that because I've always been so strong.

God bless us all,

Lolalee
  10. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

This sounds just like me! Especially the fatigue pattern you have and the noise and sinus stuff. I found that sugar and processed foods effect how I feel in a major way.
    My candida test came back positive so I think that may have a great deal to do with this. When I'm off sugar, I fell better, but the candida diet is just so hard!
    Good Luck
    Dar
  11. mamaeagle0103

mamaeagle0103 New Member

I posted earlier about the "toxic" feeling and could not really describe it. I finally told my husband that it feels like someone has injected some kind of icky toxin into multiple points all over your body and then, like any injection does, it begins to radiate out from that point. That is the only way I know how to describe it. Add the nausea and depression and it does take you out. I am also glad that there are people I can relate to. I know how much more depressed I was only 2 weeks ago before I was diagnosed. I was really ready to give up. But now I have a place to start and to learn.
  12. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I know all about it. For more that 10 years my PCP got angry with me when I went to him and said I feel like that flu. He went through all the aymptoms of flu, and I said no to each. He would throw his arms in the air angry. I didn't get anywhere. Tried all anti-depressants and they all made me ill.

Finally Mayos gave me Effexor and diagnosed me with "extreme anxiety". I came home thinking I was crazy. Then the pain began and finally after weeks he said FM.

Lolalee, you used the word "malaise" to him and that partially calmed him down.

I don't have those feelings now, just the usual ones that all of you have.

i so hope that you begin to feel better mentally and physically, if possibly.

Gentle Hugs,

Joan
  13. berrytired

berrytired New Member

Sorry your feeling terrible. I think the worst thing for me was not knowing what was happening...now that I know what it is you don't feel so crazy and knowing others are experiencing the same thing helps and this site is a great help. Stay positive.
  14. About 3 months ago I started getting sick and it seemed like stress I felt like even 1 person talking too me would cause me to have a nervous break down. I woulkd come home disey and shaky it was awfull.I coudn't ride in a car cause i was so off balanced.I have been chilled off and on for 3 months . I can't believe how stress plays such an important roll in this illness I have cried a few times at work just from stress. Ruthie
  15. nselissen

nselissen New Member

I can handle the pain but that CFS is horrible. I try not to go anywhere when It hits. I think if I shut my eyes i would fall asleep standing up. And "think", well there is no such animal when I have this.

I feel exactly like the other person who answered you. sorry forgot the name.

Last week I was mostly out of bed only 6 hours a day. What a life hey!!??

Luv
    NancyV
  16. singingirl

singingirl New Member

Can any of you tell me if this is normal. I can be doing just fine, and all of a sudden out of no where, my whole body feels like jello. It feels like I can't move or do anything. Sometimes it is not my whole body, but there are a lot of times that I will be chewing food, and feel like I am just too tired to finish chewing. I know it sounds crazy, but it hits all of a sudden.

Thank you
    LaTrecia
  17. unbalanced

unbalanced New Member

Dear Greatgran,

I just posted about having a sinus infection that nothing has helped. I then came across your post & was surprised by what you had to say.

I have this lousy, sick feeling that refuses to go away!! The only time I do feel "okay" is when I'm in bed resting. But, as you know being in bed only makes us feel depressed!! I have young kids that need to have mommy around, so I force myself to get moving, nauseated, plugged head, ears & all!!!

Read my post, does this sound like you too? It's all very odd, considering the very strong antibiotics & Prednisone I have been on. And this is not going away, if anything, I feel more & more tired & I have zero motivation to do anything at all!!!

I have another Doc. appt. on the 29th. Hopefully he can figure this thing out!! My PCP did tell me at my last visit that there was some sort of Pnuemonia going around, but he thought I just had a sinus infection that I have had for quite some time.

Good Luck to you, & if you have any info for me, please let me know!!
  18. CarolK

CarolK New Member

Just this past week I felt HORRIBLE!

Had slight fever...99.2 or 99.6 for several days. Very tired and just felt like all I wanted to do was lay down. I just sat and cried cause I felt so horrible and didn't know why.

I even called my husband at work and told him..."I need someone to give me permission to go back to bed!" He laughed and said ..."by all means, do go back to bed!" I need to learn to give myself permission to rest whenever I need it! Anyway....That night he came home and fixed dinner for us.. what a Sweetie!!

But anyway, I know what you mean... aside from the constant daily pain there are days where I just feel and look really, really bad and there is no explaination for it. It would be so validating to at least say ... I have a flu or a cold... but there is no obvious reason for feeling extra bad!

Blessings... CarolK
  19. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

I have FM and CFS and then IBS as well. Lately I feel just sick but not necessarily a cold but just yucky and ill. Yesterday I decided to go to the store to try and get my snacks and run a few errands and I thought I was going to pass out or collapse and I was tired and just felt so ill. The nauseau kicked in later when I got home. But I just felt like oh man how am I going to drive home with such as a bad feeling in my body.

I got horrible ill with irritable bowel from something I ate and then the ill feeling that I felt all day compounded with that. Thank goodness for Immodium AD (learned that from this board) and it cleared up the whole diarrhea thing.

I think I need to buy a thermometer for myself so that I can take my temperature and know more of my body temperature because if I am running a fever then I need to know so that I can rest instead of going out trying to do things.

I have felt a little sad this week and it just due to the pain, and all of the things that I go through physically. At times it feels like it is too much but I know that God will not give me more than I can bear. So I try to stay focused, do my schooling--taking two weeks off after this class ends so that I can rest up. It has been a very challenging class. I did find out my degree program changed and no more internships which is a relief because I had no clue how I was going to be able to do them with all of my ailments.

With the way I have been feeling has really encouraged me to file for SSDI and I am almost done with my application, going to try to finish it tonight in order to get the ball rolling and praying for a first time approval LOL and if not to be able to find a reasonable attorney to help my case.

Anyway I did not think I was going to write that much but felt the need to respond as I understand what all of you are going through.

Much love and many hugs,
    Nicole
    [This Message was Edited on 03/22/2006]
  20. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

bUT SENDING YOU A hug

lOVE aNNE c