Anyone feel like inside of body is itching??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by greatgran, Jul 5, 2004.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Does anyone ever feel like their body
    is itching on the inside..Especially
    in the back, sides and legs.?
    If so do you know the cause?

Thanks,
    greatgran
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Some have found relief from taking Benadryl. If you take Children's Benadryl, it will not make you sleepy during the day. At night, you can take more and it will help you sleep.

We have more histamine in our systems or our bodies release more of it for some unknown reason and it causes this itching. Some describe it as the creepy/crawly sensation. To me, it feels like ants running around under my skin.

Love, Mikie
  3. moosedog37

moosedog37 New Member

Hi greatgran,

Yes, I have those feelings all over, and they are awful. When I move around it's like scratching the itch. In my case it's diagnosed as Restless Legs Syndrome. Some anti-depressants can aggravate it, as well as inactivity. I think iron and magnesium deficiencies can also make it worse.

After years of discomfort I'm finally getting some relief through medication--Parkinson's medications helped but with icky side effects, now I am on Neurontin and it is better.

Good luck finding help,

Moosedog
  4. basethound

basethound New Member

I have had this problem several times, one was medication, nerves can do this,along with something new you ate or lotion etc, my biggest problem this time of year is dry skin, and if I try new laundry soap, hope you find the problem, benadryl can help but I read there was one type of med you couldn't take with benadryl, good luck Barb
  5. Yamajin

Yamajin New Member

When I was first having these long bouts of FMS and still had a few remissions here and there, I would know instantly when an attack of it was on it's way. It would feel as though the NERVES were on the OUTSIDE of my body and any slightest touch would send me into orbits of pain that I cannot describe. It would last several days and then be followed by FMS/CFS symptoms. Now, the past three years, my FMS has been constant with no remissions. Only on occasion, like when under a lot of stress do I feel the itchy insides, and along comes the nerves on the outside to accompany this. I found that hot baths with epsom salts or green alcohol was very soothing.

Green alcohol baths loosen up the stiffness. When I do this I get up from the tub and stuff is popping and cracking and I have a good 24 hours of feeling much better. Problem is you cannot do this but about once a week, followed with a very strong regimen of skin moisturizers. It dries out the skin.

Another good trick is to use the green alcohol to rub on your joints for pain, and it seems to help this inner itchy thing on me.

TRY IT:)
  6. stagename

stagename New Member

I was told that some (very few) people are allergic to exercise and when they run, get this burning, itching feeling in their thighs etc.

I can't remember why, it was something about not enough oxygen to the muscles, or too much lactic acid or something. I found it amusing, but annoying.

When i walk for a long time or a short burst of running, to catch a kid from running into the road or something, this happens to me. You can see the skin turning red.
  7. stagename

stagename New Member

Quote from a website about anaphylaxis:

"Anaphylactic shock is an allergic emergency, and it must be treated immediately. Anaphylaxis may occur in highly allergic patients who react to peanut, shellfish, or nuts, but it can occur with any food, with drugs, following an insect sting , and in rare cases with exercise. Symptoms include generalized itching, swelling of the skin, hives, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, collapse, and if not treated immediately, death may result. Adrenaline injection (Epinephrine, Epipen, Anakit, or Anapen) is the only antidote to such an allergic reaction and it must be given promptly either by the patient or caregiver, or in the hospital."

i'm not sure if there is a less serious type of this allergy. i've never had more than itchy legs from it.