Anyone feel more energized by cold air temperatures?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NWmama, Feb 9, 2006.

1. NWmama

NWmama New Member

I'm in my colder than normal house tonight where I hold my family hostage to what they call a chronically freezing home, and as the temps dipped with the sunset tonight, I realized I was getting an energy boost, and even feeling healthy! This happens a lot, and if too warm, the opposite. Anyone else out there have the same experience?
  2. Rene

Rene New Member

Yes I feel better with the cold. I am not as dragged down in the winter though. I do get a little more energy but I am pretty bad off anyway When it gets to 80 and higher boy I don't get out of my apt but 3 times a week.

Maybe you have chronic orthostatic intolerance. I do. I'd google it. Maybe you veins are expanding like mine and coolness constrtics veins which is what we want so the blood can get pumbed up to our heads.

Where are you from? I lived in Seattle and Spokane.
    TC
    Rene
  3. JuliannaG

JuliannaG New Member

Our summers are very hot and extremely humid. During an extreme spell, I just want to blob out on the couch, and I get very irritable.

When the weather cools, I get so full of energy and especially feel like baking, for some reason.
  4. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

My motto is that "Cold is Good!" and I feel much better in cool weather.

One of our goals is to move away from eastern PA once my husband retires. Montana is looking pretty good.

Though winter (here in PA) is nice, the hot & humid summers are impossible for me to tolerate anymore.

Janice
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i have bad joints arthritis and such...rain, snow and humidity is a killer for me...

i like it abot 80 here in california, northern bay area////ids what some call god's country...but god charges too much for rent here....1300 a month for 2/2/ apt...

i don't know what i will do when my child support and spousal support stops...i guess i will have to move somewhre out of state...maybe michigan which will be akiller for me...

jodie
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hot weather drags me down, but cool weather seems to perk me up. I have trouble with sweating, so when it's hot, there's no place to go and I sweat all the more. In the cool, I can just go outside and cool off. Seems to add more energy is I can stop sweating.

In a way it's a blessing with natural gas being so high this year. Our bill has gone up some, but not nearly like those who like warm houses. I stay home all day, also, so it would be worse if I had to have it warm.

So, yes...I'm with you.

Sue
  7. Empower

Empower New Member

Can't handle the cold or hot

I feel best when it is a consistent 65 degrees!
  8. NWmama

NWmama New Member

Well, it seems all of us feel better in the cold. I had to chuckle at the last response - I'm sorry, so bad w/names - but you said you don't like cold or hot, just a constant 65 degrees, which is about where we keep our house all winter. And the temperature that my family consider COLD. :) I'm getting so sensitive, that if we move our thermometer up a millimeter, I get wiped.

I do live in the Puget Sound area... so the respondent who used to live here knows that with all the water around us it can get very bone-chilling cold. I used to live in Billings, Montana where we had to plug our car engines in at night to keep them from freezing, but don't remember feeling the kind of deep cold there that we have here. BUT I also lived in Connecticut where the humidity was so high that a potato chip would fold over from moisture saturation a minute after you took it out of the bag. I feel for those of you living in that kind of humidity. Ours here is mercifully different and a bit more tolerable, but still a tax on the joints.

Have two kids living in the Bay Area who are also paying through the nose to live there, but who have vowed to never return to the rainy northwest!

Australia's weather is changing too Wendy? My Mom lives in Southern Nevada, and the heat there is getting unbearable. We're all in for major weather changes, so where ever we choose to live is probably a crap shoot weather-wise from now on! Thanks for all the confirming responses! It sure is good to know we're not alone in all of this.

Blessings, NWmama