Anyone Feel This Way?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, May 23, 2006.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Can anyone relate to these symptoms? I guess I have cfids first, fibro second, but I don't seem to have the symptoms
    most of you speak of..I do have some aches and pain but nothing like you describe..I do have fatigue that comes out of the blue but lots of rest seems to help..

I wish I could describe my symptoms its more like I am deconditioned, I am not unable to do much activity..Only about 10 percent compared to what I use to..Then I come down with allergy, sinus, flu like symptoms but NO fever..
    When this happens rest and antibodic helps me more than anything..I feel like I am dying, weak and like I am out of my head with fever, aches, my whole body feels weird..

Then when I come out of this, I call it my crash, I never feel well,Its like I just drag my feet to go from day to day but can't pin point why..Its not the pain..I do have crazy head feelings, some anxiety, depression but I just feel like I am not me. I never know from one minute to the next how I am going to feel...I get in a shop with the lights, noise and I just can't seem to think what I am doing there..Also if the children and grans, stop by I can't enjoy a visit with everyone talking I am unable to comprehend what is being said..Its like I am numb..

You would think after all these years I would have a pattern some rhyme or reason for feeling the way I do or at least be able to describe it..

Just venting, I guess and Thanks,
    greatgran

2. achy

achy New Member

I come down with allergy, sinus, flu like symptoms but NO fever..Me too

I never know from one minute to the next how I am going to feel...Me too

I am unable to comprehend what is being said..Its like I am numb...me too.

I have CF and FM..my CF came about 5 years before the FM. When my CF flares up I get all the symptoms you describe. It's like a flu that comes out of nowhere. I can be fine one minute, then wham. I'm down and out.

Have you been tested for Epstein Barr?? It can lay dormant for years and then flare up. THat's what my doc said was causing these episodes.

I wish I could offer relief, but nothing but time helps mine. But your not alone.....
    achy

3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

greatgran,
    The part that you said you have trouble comprehending what people say..... I have had this and for me it was caused from anxiety .I would look at someone and know they were talking to me but it was like all I could understand was their mouth was moveing.For me this was around the time I had a breakdown .I could not and still cant be in a room with everyone talking or I get overload.Noise at certain levels of sound will throw me into anxiety even if its from a TV and nobody is in the room but me.
    There are many days I leave everything off and just enjoy the silence.
    I also live with pain 24-7.flu like feelings and different layers of pain.its so hard to explain but we all know what you are going thu I hope you have a good day
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

Achy, yes I tested positive for Epstein Barr, not sure when I had it..Thanks for replying it sure does help to know you are not alone..but sorry you have this too..

Carebelle, I have anxiety also and not sure I haven't had a nervouse breakdown after I started getting sick and no one knew what was going on with me..I was told it was anxiety/depression but knew it had to be more..

Of all the meds seems my anti-anxiety med helps me the most..

Thanks for your replies, God Bless and so sorry you have to deal with this too..

greatgran
  5. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I also have the same issues and I have problems understanding what people are saying. THe flu like achey feeling, nausea comes and goes. I have way too much sensory overload and think the silence is best. My Mom is coming to visit because she is worried about me. I really can't imagine company for any length of time. Take care.