Anyone feel weak while taking a shower?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shootingstar, Oct 19, 2006.

1. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

I see I am not alone here! I had not thought of heat intolerance as a cause, but that could be a contributing factor. I know I feel markedly worse during the hot summer months and am both heat and cold intolerant. I love the feel of a hot shower, but reducing the heat might help.

Also, as several of you mentioned, a shower stool might help.

Thank you all for your input.
  2. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Shootingstar...I am so glad that you posted this subject. I have so much trouble with showers and baths. I love my bathtub. It is deep and roomy and has jets. It's great when I'm in the tub, but as soon as I get out, I feel so weak and exhausted. I always have to lie down after either a shower or a bath. If I wash my hair, even though my hair is short, it is a major ordeal. I always wash my hair at night, this way I can go straight to bed.

Great post!!!

Lolalee
  3. tinktink

tinktink New Member

I have to plan a rest period after my shower.I brought in a gardening stool and used it the last time I showered and it helped sitting through part of it ..... sigh. It is hard to motivate myself to do it sometimes. I just have to plan on it being a tiring thing and schedule it accordingly. Best Wishes Diana
  4. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Dr. Lapp, I believe, discourages hot showers because it increases cytokine production which makes one feel sicker. Take a warm shower instead, and make it brief.

CherylSue
  5. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Dr. Lapp, I believe, discourages hot showers because it increases cytokine production which makes one feel sicker. Take a warm shower instead, and make it brief.

CherylSue
  6. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

Wow so many replies.
    People in my house think i have an excuse for EVERYTHING.
    They're like...is there anything you CAN tolerate? You have so many issues.
    And yes, the shower makes me dizzy, lightheaded , very tired and weak. Its a combination of standing so long and raising my arms above my heart level to wash my big ole hair and also the heat.
    Although..sometimes the heat feels good...but mostly it doesnt.
    Same in the winter..when im coooold. I'll put the heater on and in about 10 minutes I cant TOLERATE the warm air! I never knew why and no one believed me. Its hard on the household. I mean...when people think u have chronic FATIGEUE...how does that relate to the heater needing to be off! LOL
    I cant do saunas, jacuzzis, hot baths too long....now i know why.
    CFS is soooooooooooo misunderstood.
  7. barometerbabe

barometerbabe Member

Thank you to everyone who wrote about this. I have the same problem. It is EXTREMELY frustrating! Have had times I had to lie down on the shower floor, sit on the shower floor, get to a bed as quickly as possible and lie down after a shower due to severe weakness and fatigue. Also have had difficulty standing in one place without getting weak. Also have had times I cannot tolerate being in a hot tub or sauna for very long. Sometimes can only sit on the edge of a hot tub with my legs in. But I also get this way when the barometric pressure drops before a storm and/or cold front comes in (which is usually while it is still sunny and nice outdoors). Thanks for the suggestion of taking a shower just before going to bed at night! I am going to try that. No...I am not a senior citizen, and yes...I have been diagnosed with CFIDS.