Anyone feeling any better at all?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blondie45, Jul 17, 2006.

1. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

Anyone that has done anything that has made them feel better at all whether it be meds, therapy, or anything, please post and tell me about it, as I am getting desparate to find something to give me relief from headaches, stiffness, pain, etc.
  2. KelB

KelB New Member

CBT (activity pacing, resting, sleep hygeine etc) has helped me enormously. However, I only have the fatigue/fog side of CFS and none of the symptoms you list.

Other people here can be of more practical use to you use, but all I can say is that I have had relief from my symptoms and I sincerely hope that you do too.

All the best.
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I have had a long road with lots of meds, supplements, detoxing, transfer factors etc. etc. I could suggest a few things to try right away, though.
    Acupuncture had helped me tremendously and I get it regularly. Shiatsu massage is also helpful. I also benefit from Omega 3 fatty acids, Magnesium, COQ10 and B12 shots.

I hope that helps a little
    Kathy.
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I am in great shape. Three doctor appointments this weak, one for involuntary movements of the body, another for a biopsy and the neurologist.

Whoope....

NyroFan
  5. cymbeline

cymbeline New Member

I am finding that organic food, natural products, supplements and a pacing programme are helping me loads. I also find acupuncture and chinese medicine help with my pain.
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I am feeling better than I have in 2 years and I wrote about it in my thread "Changes I've made on the road to wellness" (or something similar to that)

Hope something in it helps you....

Nancy B.

7. HagerTX

HagerTX New Member

I'm on Prednisone right now, hoping that it will help out in some regard.
  8. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Blondie...that's cute, I'm blonde, too! Anyway, the guai protocol of Dr. St. Amand has helped a lot of people and is one of the only things that actually reverses the symptoms. I began the protocol in March 2006 and am on the road, I hope, but if you go to guaidoc.com, there are many stories of recovery.

Also, there is a group of us here, called Guai Ladies, and we are all on the protocol. Some have experienced reversal. I believe that it works. I was spiraling downward and wanted to stop the decline.

I hope this helps...I know that desperate feeling.

Love and Blessings, Ann
  9. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

Do you only feel better for awhile after you come home from the therapy for a little while. I have been having Bowen technique for a few weeks. Also feel better for a day after but to me since I have to pay for it that is just not long enough. I am thinking of finding a physical therapist instead of a healing place, then possibly my insurance will pay.
  10. HAPPYDOGSUZ7777

HAPPYDOGSUZ7777 New Member

Aloha,
    I am feeling better after being diagnosed with Celiac
    I have been gluten free for approx 2 yrs now. I am also taking aminos and other supplements to help my body heal
    I am also on pain meds that has helped a lot! though I wish I didn't need them maybe some day!
  11. jennbug

jennbug New Member

THANKS to Stormyskye and many others. I take Sinimit it's a Parkensons med. and follow many of the helpful natural hints I get from here Thank you all. jen.
  12. sascha

sascha Member

if and when i am able to devote myself to my health regimen, i do maintain pretty much above my crash threshold. if events take over my life, as they have recently with my aunt being very ill and going into the hospital, then i get totally off my own agenda and onto hers (or someone else's)-- that is when i crash and fall below my maintenance threshold. i think my very hard lesson to learn is that i MUST protect my time so i can care for myself. i don't have enough power to give care to another right now. i've just done it (again) and paid the price by falling deep into pit of unwellness. i'm just trying to dig my way back out. i must fight for the time to take care of myself without feeling guilt. i get into turmoil of emotions that don't help at all. i must keep my focus on myself and my health quest- otherwise i'm lost. when i do keep my health things going, i do pretty well. i still am at maybe half the energy i used to have, but i feel pretty ok.
    healthy foods, some mild exercise, coconut oil, supplements that i've tried out and found to work for me (Goateine whey powder, pro-biotics, cod-liver oil, vit.C..)
    when i stick to MY plan, i do pretty well. good luck, sascha