Anyone feeling worse with the heat

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blondie45, Jul 16, 2006.

1. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

Is anyone feeling a lot worse with the heat or is it just me? Even though I have air I am always hot or cold and everything is hurting much more. Just wondered if I am the only one.
  2. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I think that some of the meds I'm on make me less tolerant of heat. The worst is the humidity,though. I find I can't take it cold and damp or hot and humid. Either one just keeps me in a flare until the weather breaks.

We were lucky enough to get a house with an above ground pool and it just helps me so much to do light exercises in it. We live in the country, so I never have the energy to drive into an aquatics class. They're supposed to be awesome for FMS.

Regards,

Eileen
  3. Suzan

Suzan New Member

We moved to KY from WI in April..and at times the heat has worn me out..but the last few days..we have had 90's (like most of the nation!) and we do have a pool..and I have been in and out of the pool. Well, this morning I feel better than I have in a long while.
    BUT, I do have a secondary thing that changed...I stopped taking lipitor...and I am TREMENDOUSLY curious...if the pool and sun has just made that much of a difference in how I feel...or was the lipitor causing me some pain...OR is it all just a fibro coincindance..which has happened to me in the past too! LOL I guess just time will tell.

But , if you don't have a pool...just being IN heat can wear you out and kick up fibro symptoms..so stay as cool as you can...and rest as much as you can!
  4. DenialQueen

DenialQueen New Member

No Blondie, you're not the only one. :)

I've been housebound for 3 days now. Just taking my dog out long enough to do her thing is enough to make my head throb & pound. I've tried taking migraine meds & Allegra daily, but neither are working. I also feel more achy all over & woozy along with the h/a. I too have a pool & my dad asked us down to swim in theirs, but I've had to stay in bed or the recliner & definitely in the A/C.

After 15 years, you'd think I'd be used to it, but of course I'm not because I'm a Type A! LOL Just wish I could kick this being a human barometer.

Here's to decreased humidity & feeling better! :)
  5. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

and yes the heat just about kills me. I can't get cool no matter what and having hot flashes doesn't help either. I am longing for the November coolness we will get and wish that we had more changes in seasons here in Texas.

TxSongBird
  6. TAM

TAM New Member

HI,

Your not alone the heat makes me worse too, and the cold affects me also it seems that my bones feel alot of pain with the cold and i have worse pain all over with the heat.

I wish you better health and lots of happiness, take care,Tammy.
  7. libra55

libra55 New Member

I have had a hot weather headache for two days due to this oppressive heat. We are running air full blast here and are still miserable.

Everyone, try to stay cool, drink lots of water, this heat wave will be over soon (hopefully!)

Michelle
  8. 1horse

1horse New Member

thwe humitiy and heat really gets me, also cold and wet... we cant win huh.. take care..
  9. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

Though I am certainly not happy that anyone has the 2 day to week long headaches that I get, it is certainly very comforting to know that I do not suffer from these headaches and this terrible disease alone. Thanks for your responses.
  10. cindy41

cindy41 New Member

While I love the sun, makes me feel better mentally, the heat makes me feel like a limp dishrag. I stay inside as much as possible, and we are under a heat warning here in Illinois.

Cindy
  11. AcappellaMusic

AcappellaMusic New Member

I told one of my family member's yesterday that I think the heat is making me worse. I am glad that I found this post, because I see that I am not alone with the Heat issue,thanks. It will hopefully cool off soon.
  12. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Yes, I think so. I sweat when it's 55 degrees anyway, but the heat seems to cause me to "swell" up more even though I drink a lot of water!
  13. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

We go out to go to post office, then come home and stay there. I get sooo hot and tired when I do anything.

Have 2 AC's and one is always going. i just can't handle this weather but Ii guess that all of us have the same thing.

Try to keep cool

Joan
  14. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

along with a prescription Potassium Chloride 20 MEG daily. My ankles and feet swell so badly every day that I can't get even the biggest shoes on. I don't use salt, I drink a ton of water a day and don't wear tight fitting shoes. I have had this problem for years.

TxSongBird