Anyone find help for fibro with a chiropractor?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blondie45, Jul 13, 2006.

1. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

Just wondering if anyone has had any success going to a chiropractor to help with the fibro pain/headaches?
  2. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

NO! not for fibro! i have fibro and i went to see a chiropractor for a couple of days, but it hurt to much so i stopped going, it flared up so much that i couldn`t sleep and i had to increase my meds for pain.

but that`s me ,,maybe other`s do better,,i couldn`t handle it! ,,,, so good luck to you if you go ,,,, gmom,,,
  3. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

I have definitely had one who made my FM much worse. I wished I had stopped going to him before I did, but being desperate for help, I ended up letting him put me in worse shape and payed him good money for doing it.
    Barb
  4. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

I have been going for 2 weeks now to a therapist who does Bowen technique, Kolden therapy, and Reiki massage. I feel fantastic the day after I go but then right back to feeling rotten. Since I have to pay for it, I figured that it is probably not going to work out. If I could have at least a week's worth of pain relief, then it might be worth it. I have been reading about trigger point therapy and not sure who would do this, a chiro or maybe a physical therapist?