Anyone finding the weather painful??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dorabella, Nov 3, 2005.

1. dorabella

dorabella New Member

We've had the strangest weather in London this week.

Monday was mild - Tuesday cold and damp - Wednesday mild again and today is mild with a real blustery gail.

Consequently I've had the whole gamut of FM flares this week - earache, headache, shoulder ache, aching ribs, shooting pains in stomach,back and arms. Pain is migratory and I don't know where it's going to strike next.

I'm just having a moan because I feel like a ninety-year old rheumatic at the moment.

Anyone else get like this with adverse fluctuating weather???

2. dorabella

dorabella New Member

3. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

The weather changes are always painful for me!! Luckily here in Nebraska, USA the weather has been GREAT!! Normally in November, it is terribly cold and maybe even snow by now, but it is going to be like 75 today!! This has made it much easier on me for October and November.

A cooling trend is supposed to move in this weekend and I know that the shift will probably cause me to get headaches, stiffness, etc. The pressure changes are usually worse for me.
  4. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada here. The weather the past few weeks has been horrible. Mostly rainy and drab. I seem to be most affected by humidity, whether it's hot or cold. Makes me stiffen right up.

Short of moving to a kinder climate, I haven't found anything except the usual routines of pills that help. I still make myself go for a 1/2 hour walk everyday whether it hurts or not. Seems to help my psyche!!!

Regards,

Eileen.
  5. motomom412

motomom412 New Member

Hey Dorabella,

I live in Kentucky and the weather has been just as strange, of course it always is. The old saying goes like this "If you don't like the weather stick around because it will definitely change." It's been quite cold then all of a sudden it's gotten quite warm again. The past couple of weeks my fm has come and gone in stages, the fatigue has gotten alot worse. I'm under a great deal of stress right now. I've had several sinus headaches lately, something I rarely have.
  6. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

Another lady I know here in Nebraska who also has fibro has said that when she is somewhere with a more stable climate (like San Diego, CA), she is like a completely different person because her symptoms improve so much.
  7. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

I live in Michigan, where it can snow one day and be as warm as spring the next. I was in agony last winter and all through the long, hot summer.

But I started taking liquid minerals a couple of months ago, and my sensitivity to temperature fluctuations really decreased. I'll notice hot flashes and chills returning if I even miss so much as two days of my dose. Weird.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/03/2005]
  8. dorabella

dorabella New Member

Thanks for the replies

Today (Friday) the temperature has dropped right down as has the blustery wind. I'm hoping it will even off and let my system calm down.

What a painful life we lead - makes me not want to leave the house sometimes just to avoid the consequences of everyday life!!

D.