Anyone FM and Viral Eye Infections???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mme_curie68, Apr 10, 2006.

1. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I had to leave work early today and go to the eye doctor - I had another "viral" eye infection.

This is the second eye infection I've had since being diagnosed with FM. Gaahh!!

I wear daily disposable contact lenses - I use a new pair every day so no chance of infection from inadequate sterilization, etc.

I only need half a hand to count the times I've had conjunctivitis previous to this year - now twice in about 3 months.

Is this yet another opportunistic invader??? What a pain in the neck!

Hugs to all even though I feel like putting a brick through one of the living room windows...LOL,
    Madame Curie
  2. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Oui - mais la famille de mon pere est Quebecoises, pas de Francaise!

I picked Madame Curie as my name because she was my "Woman in Science" idol when I was growing up - still is.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  3. fibrotina1

fibrotina1 New Member

Good Morning America had a small interview with a doctor and he said there are so many people who wear contact lenses that are having eye problems and they are finding it to be a fungus on the eye. It is often being misdiagnosed as conjuctvitis. I don't know if anyone else saw it or not, but ask your eye doctor about it. This one girl went blind for 3 months because of it.

Good Luck!
    Tina
  4. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

No eye fungus! He did stain the eye and looked at it with regular and alternate light sources. It is definitely viral, but he did give me antibiotic and steroidal eye drops to help reduce the inflammation and prevent opportunistic bacterial infection. And of course, no contacts for another 10 days...

Thanks,
    Madame Curie
  5. fibrotina1

fibrotina1 New Member

I hope I didn't offend you with my post about the fungus. I'm glad you don't have any fungus. When I saw your post I just wanted to give a heads up.
    I'm going through the constant conjuctivitis and am on steriod drops and restasis. My left eye just doesn't seem to get any better. Itches like crazy!!

Best of luck to you!!
    Tina
  6. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Absolutely NO offence taken whatsoever..... We are all here to help look out for each other : )

Hugs,
    Madame Curie