Anyone from Atlanta area? Know of a good doc?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerryS, Aug 27, 2006.

1. TerryS

TerryS Member

I'm looking for a new PCP who is sympathetic to CFS and won't treat me like I'm crazy!!! Anyone know of one?

Terry
  2. iggyangel

iggyangel New Member

bumping for help for Terry!
  3. SolitaryDancer

SolitaryDancer New Member

I don't know of a PCP but Dr. Michael Smitherman (He's a Rheumatologist) in Roswell, GA is great. I just started seeing him and he does not believe this is psychosomatic. He's young and really interested in his patients.

I'm at work so I don't have his phone number but I'm sure you can find it. I think the name of his office is the Atlanta Arthritis Center. I think that's it. Look him up.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2006]
  4. SolitaryDancer

Bumping so Terry will see this
  5. adberens

adberens New Member

I used to live in Atlanta. I went to see Dr Lee Diamond. He is an Infectous Disease doctor who specializes in CFS and AIDS. I really liked him. He is south of Atlanta. Good Luck.
  6. TerryS

TerryS Member

Thank you both so much for your input...I JUST SAW THE POST.

Amazingly, I had made an appointment with Dr. Smitherman just last week. I'm seeing him on 9/22!!! YAY! Glad to hear he's awesome.

I'll also be sure to hold on to Dr. Diamond's name. With my history of cytomegalovirus, etc., I may have the need again for an infectious disease doc and it'd be nice to see someone who is sympathetic to CFS.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!
    Terry
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2006]
  7. SolitaryDancer

Oh Terry I hope you like him as much as I do.

Good Luck!!!

Deb