Anyone from Cleveland Ohio area...w/fms cfs?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cpdwife1519, Jan 21, 2010.

1. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

Im in Cleveland....would love to start a chat group support wise.
  2. Elisa

Elisa Member

I'm in the area! Sounds like a great idea!!!!

3. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

Im between parma and brooklyn Cleve border, you?
  4. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Hi, I am in the suburb of Garfield Hts. I have FM, would love to go to a support group. I need one today, very bad FM weekend for me, waiting for a flare up to pass. Hugs, Chelz.
  5. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

Ive been having flare ups and my work is not taking it well. Do you work?
  6. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Yes, I work full time in a hospital, which can be very draining and demanding. I have been there now this year will be 5 years, and I have to tell you, I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown, or a full continuous flare up for the first 3 years I was there.

I wondered how in the world I didn't completely tear down with my FM working there. Maybe there was some kind of an angel looking after me, but I did make it so far, and have to say that it is still challenging, but so much better now with new bosses and better people.

I stuck it out because it is close to home, good insurance and retirement, and believe it or not, many perks along the way, the secret is to keep at it, hospitals can be rewarding places to work, but you have to stick with it which of course with FM can be almost impossible.

Only 2 people I work with in a hospital of over 1,200 know that I have FM, I like to keep it that way if at all possible. Although my moods do shift according to what kind of FM week I am having, boy I really learned how to fake it, and act like nothing is wrong.

The fibrofog is what worries me the most. I have to concentrate working in records, and this can sometimes make me paranoid, but again, I try to hide it. I'm sorry that your work is not taking it well, I have been there with almost every job I ever had, and now know that it is the FM doing this to me, what else can we do? Hang in there, Hugs, Chelz.
  7. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

well I am now facing lay offs but still in afog at times and to which is another reason they might feel I am not able to stay , I dont know what to do!
  8. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Oh, I do feel for you. Is it possible you can get another position at the same company? I was brutally laid off from my last job before I started at the hospital, they were a nasty company and i know that my FM played a part in it.

Is the company you work for small or larger? The reason I ask is because with small companies, there are not too many places to move around to a different, maybe less challenging positions, larger companies may work with you. Is there a trusted other employee you can talk to about this? Or one of your managers or supervisors?

I will pray for you, we are practically neighbors living in the suburbs of Cleveland, it is so rough for us, and I do understand. Hang in there, Hugs, Chelz.
  9. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

I worked for our city ....I am in old brooklyn area. Where are you dear?
    I am wanting to start a chat where we all sit sip coffee/tea and talk!