anyone from illinois

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Mar 22, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

hi

just wanted to know if there is anyone from Il. I"m hoping for a better day today. but its just so cloudy here all the time. its hard to feel like doing anything, besides just having enough energyis hard to find. well have a good day, sixtyslady.
  2. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Representing Chi-town here!
  3. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

I checked out your profile and it looks like we have alot in common. I live in central Illinois. (approx. 30 miles north of Peoria) I too live in the country and try my best to garden. I traveled quite a bit in my gypsy days and never thought I would live in IL again. But, here I am full circle and love my life here now. (Except the fibro)

I have been away from the message boards lately except to "lurk". We have a new grand baby and with fibro that has been very interesting.

I was a sixy's baby and grew up an old soul along with my hippy aunts.

Praying for healing and better days ahead! Let the sowing begin!

Lil
  4. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

hi there
    Glad to see theres someone else from Il. so your from the windy city. I'm about 2hrs from you in Dixon il. Ronald Ragans home town.
    Your a little younger than my daughters but I still have a 21yr old son living at home.
    I wish you the best and all I can say is take really good care of yourself thats the best thing you can do for your baby. pay attention to what your body is trying to tell you even down to the least little thing and don"t give up.

Have a really good day and keep in touch. Sixtyslady.
  5. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

So glad to hear from you. did you get that snow the other day?
    I also live in the country. have horses and dogs.
    I see your birthday is on christmas mine is the 20th Dec. Its just so good to know that theres people in Il.
    I"ve been through this twice once about 10 yrs ago. but I rebounded for some yrs and felt half way healthy.
    Then last yr after a lot of stress in my life it hit me again when I wasn"t looking. So now I have to climb that mountain again and its like taking baby steps,but I know God's holding me up. so lets keep in touch and maybe we can make this journey lighter if we do it all together.
    Sixtyslady
  6. mahx

mahx New Member

sorry...i must have missed this post when it first came up. I am also from illinois.About 2 hours west of chicago.

Hope to see you in the chat room.

Ma
  7. futurehope

futurehope New Member

I live in Central Illinois!!

About 60 miles south-east of Peoria.

I have lived in the same town all of my life.

I love to go other places, it is then when you realize how flat the land is here!

And sorry to say, I would almost rather live anywhere but where I am now.

Love and prayers,
    Brenda
  8. gypsywomyn

gypsywomyn New Member

Hello,

I live in Chicago.
  9. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I just looked at my post >I posted this along time ago. glad to see theres a few of us from Ill, I wrote all your names down so I can remember whos from here.I just thought we maybe could help each other out if one of us found a really good DR. or had some good tips. well at least its warming up here lately. hope to get to know all of you better. Sixtyslady
  10. Liven4God

Liven4God New Member

i am from illinois!
  11. jp61

jp61 New Member

I'm a newbie that has been lurking for a month. Just thought I'd chime in that I am also from Central Illinois just north of Peoria. Sounds like Lilac and I are neighbors and use the same doctor. Small world. This past week has been a killer with all the low pressure fronts moving in and out. This is a great site.

Joby
  12. Callum

Callum New Member

A mile north of Wrigley - go Cubs!
  13. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I can't believe you are from Dixon!!! I live in Oregon Il.!! We are just 15 min. away from each other..

That is to weird...

Do you go to a support group anywhere?? Are you having any luck with dr. anywhere around here???

mahx...Where are you at cuz we are about 2 hours west of Chicago too...

Hope to talk soon..

SherylD
  14. artseyone

artseyone New Member

Well,
    I live in South central Indiana very close to the state line...
  15. mahx

mahx New Member

Rock Falls....hi neighbors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooo excited!!!
  16. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

hi Guys.
    what a small world.one from Oregon and one from rockfalls.
    I"m right in between, in Dixon so glad I found someone local,maybe we can compare notes on what has helped us. I don"t know of a support group around here, but sure wish there was one.I"ve had fm for over ten yrs now got better fo awhile and then last fall it hit me again. wish there wwas more research an fibro but its just along time comming, people just don"t take it serious,or that it"s even a disease. hope we can chat again.Sixtyslady
  17. stephanieever1

stephanieever1 New Member

Hi
    I'm new to this site. I will be moving to Troy, Il at the beginning of July. We live in Maryland right now. My husband will be teaching at the University in Edwardsville. We are looking forward to the move!
  18. rockinmama

rockinmama New Member

I live in west central IL right on the Mississippi.

19. Andrea4

Andrea4 New Member

i'm in palatine/arlington hts area. my fibro doc is in schaumburg.
  20. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Isn't Troy kinda by LaSalle Peru, Il.??? I don't think that is all that far from us either...That will be a big change from Maryland..It is so pretty on the east coast...

My Mom lived out there for a while and and my Sister went to college out there...then went to John Hopkins school of nursing...and worked at John Hopkins for a while..

Now there are both back here...But I use to love to go visit...
    [This Message was Edited on 04/20/2006]