Anyone from Long Island?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GRMonLI, Nov 27, 2006.

1. GRMonLI

GRMonLI New Member

Hello

I have been a "lurker" for awhile.

I am looking for anyone who might have information on a Doctor on Long Island who deals with FMS.

Been diagnosed since 1992 on disability since 2001 after stopping work in 1999.

Any info would be helpful.

Thank you,
    George
  2. GRMonLI

GRMonLI New Member

Shirley to be exact....but I am willing to travel.

It is very hard to find a doctor on LI that treats FMS.

Nassau is better than the city.

Thank you.
  3. wrthster

wrthster New Member

Hi,

I believe Dr. Enlander has an office on Long Island. The first time you have to see him in Manhattan, but then I believe you can see him on LI. I never used him personally but he is nationally known and is supposed is be extremely nice. Also, he is supposed to be one of the best and takes a bunch of insurances. Good Luck!
  4. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Hello you wonderful long islanders...

trishhicks, I lived in Farmingdale/North Massapequa all my life...hi neighbor :)

Is this Dr. Tiger a rheumy??? Is he also with the Broadway Medical Group of docs on Broadway? Used to be Fox, Miceli and Marcus (rheumy)...If this is Dr. Louis Tiger, the rheumy, he was my Dad's doc and I also saw him when I was first having symptoms of RA...He is a doc I would travel from Maine to see...Knowledgable beyond belief, and someone who actually listens and will get to the root of any problem...I miss him!!! Dr. Robert Marcus is wonderful too in the Broadway Medical Group and their practice worked well for me cause they also have a gastro and cardio there...

FYI, Dr. Tiger also has a partner way back when, Dr. Richard Blau...I believe they both spent time at the VA helping the veterans...And I say helping the veterans because they were 'volunteered' there, they weren't placed, anyone that knows about the VA, knows what I mean...These docs are some of the best anywhere...

Good luck to you George...And trishicks, Pat Corrigan sounds more and more familiar to me...

PS, the exit is off the Southern State Pkwy...It used to read Broadway Massapequa
    [This Message was Edited on 11/28/2006]