Anyone from Massachusetts?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kimfibro, Feb 14, 2006.

1. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

wondering how you're feeling during this winter here in Mass....i've done okay this winter---only compared to last winter, that is!

if i am not bundled up it's as though my core temperature goes down and i'm so cold for a full day or two. that easily triggers a big time flare.

and the SUMMERS...ugh. just terrible with the heat and the humidity. summer is the worst time of all for me. i'm already thinking that winter is nearly done, spring flies right by and then it's summer. each year it becomes harder and harder to endure! :(

2. donnadee

donnadee New Member

I lived in Ma. for 55 years, I now live in Az. I feel alot better in the colder weather than the hot and humid. I did not get diagnosed on all my conditions till I moved to Az. I hurt more in the summer than the winter. Of course our winters here are very nice. From Oct. till May I enjoy. My daughter in law is a nurse and she even notices how bad I am in the summer. I do not miss the snow and the ice. Donna
  3. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

Hi I live in mass. I looked in your profile I live in westfield too!! My name is also kim lol. I am the opposite though winter and the cold make me feel terrible also my deppression gets worse. Im lookin forward to spring. mabe we should get in touch since we live soo close and share the same name mabe we were meant to be friends!!
  4. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

kim,

this is HYSTERICAL!!!!!

you're kidding me! now THIS was meant to be!

how do we go about exchanging ph #'s, e-mails, etc. without posting here?

there must be a way. i'm picking my son up from school in a bit (he's 8) then walking a neighbor's dog so i'll be back on early this eve.

i'm still grinning about the coincidence!
  5. mylilcherub428

Not sure about how to get in touch without posting info on board so I'll ask
  6. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

My little boy lives in massachusetts. I have considered moving there. It's so cold, but I miss him so mcuh :(
    [This Message was Edited on 02/15/2006]
  7. mylilcherub428

bumping so you dont lose me in this mess
  8. mylilcherub428

9. mylilcherub428

Im 27 and have a 2 year old daugter do you have any kids?? thanx for the advice on how we could meet up mabe you should join we can have our own little support group!!!
    I had to come back and edit apparently im 27 an goin senile..........cuz im really 28 just remembered this in the shower guess it woke me up lol [This Message was Edited on 02/16/2006]
  10. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

Hi,

I'm originally from Boston. I moved to California (S.F. area) in the early 80's. I sure can relate to the extreme weather. That is one of the reasons I moved here. I don't tolerate extreme heat (especially the humidity) very well.
  11. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

this kim, kimfibro, is 47 yrs old.

i've got an 8 year old son.

yes, the holyoke mall is nice. don't go there a lot cuz i kind of prefer shopping the 'non-malls' i guess!

it's soooooo cold and windy here today. here in westfield they said 45mph winds and only about half an hour from here they said 60mph!

haven't felt so good today. achy and tired. slept from about 10:30-1:00pm today. geez. right now i'm doing better but am considering taking a tramadol (anyone take that?) for pain to make sure this doesn't become a full blown flare.

how is everyone else doing today?? :)

p.s. i'll see how the exchange of numbers works tonight or tomorrow kim unless you already know how.
  12. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

if you want to exchange addresses, etc., you make an appointment to meet in the chat room and do it there.

13. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

i appreciate the info. i've only been on board here 3 months or less so i'm sooooo green!!

14. karebear70

karebear70 New Member

I have lived in MA all my life, started out growing up in Pittsfield (the berkshires) then to Chicopee, then to Ware, then to Brookfield, now i'm in Spencer. It is soooo windy today we lost power for about an hour, just when i started cooking supper, so i ordered delivery and about 15 min. later the power came back on. so i have noodles that resemble wallpaper paste now!
    I'm 36 with 4 kids.
    Karen
  15. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

hey, no noodles tonight!

we haven't had power outage here today.

talked w/a friend in NH a little while ago and he has no power and his winds are at abt 50mph. wow.
  16. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

bumping up for kim and ally.......
  17. mylilcherub428

hey, sorry to hear you are not feelin well i havent been so great either. People keep sayin we meet in a chat room there are always one that are empty so i should be home all weekend actually.....i'm always home:( anywho so whatever times good for you is good for me!!
  18. mylilcherub428

sorry i never wrote back yesterday was just havin such a bad day. I recently had laser surger for this stupid man hair i have growing on my neck chin and upper lip. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and it messes stuff up and causes this hair growth problem. is soo embarrassing any how the laser surgery was terribly painfull im sure it hurt worse for me cuz of the fibro. I tensed up so bad during the procedure that when it was done and i sat up i started twitching, jerking movements really. it was my nerves and cleching up my muscles i told the doc i was a little shook up and she said she could see and got me some juice. now i am so very very sore. the wost part is i have to go 3 to 6 times as it only kills hair in a certain stage of growth takes awhile to get it all. Its going to be so hard to go back again knowing what it will do to me but i have to cuz some of the hair has fallen out and im soo happy the hair is just so embarrasing.i dunno mabe if i take a percocet b4 it will help. so anyhow i dont know about driving so far i have bad anxiety and no sense of direction. so going places im unfamiliar with is scarry for me and im already nervous about meeting new people this will be a BIG step for me well sorry to ramble i took a pain pill they do that sometimes lol hope to hear from you soon .........................kim
  19. karebear70

karebear70 New Member

HI ally, we didn't see hail but lost power and since the furnace is run by electricity it got cool in here fast!
    I have Cfids and am mainly homebound now. I can't really go anywhere, sometimes i can, but i usually don't last. I can't even drive anymore and that was the last thing i had left, to at least go around the neighborhood or a quick store trip around town. I have gotton worse the past few months.
    This is my way of 'visiting' with other people.
    But at least i DO have this. I almost hate to see the nice weather come, at least last year i had bad spells but then a short 'good' span so i could at least bring the kids to dairy queen or the library, mcDonalds' or the town beach, but this year is going to be very depressing not only for me but them too. It is soo so hard on them. I keep praying for healing or at least improvement. It's the only hope i have. It's not looking to good so far LOL but i have to keep holding on to that.
    Karen
  20. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

geez, guess i need to look into the chat room and go from there. not a good day for me to do any of that though cuz i am working today 3-11:30pm. ugh. i didn't have a good day yesterday but hoping things stay like i feel right now; which means 'better than yesterday'.

yes, we should meet when the snow is no more! that would be kinda nice. i know so little of worcester; just see the signs on the highway tho years back i did go to the art museum there. with computers and the directions it offers it should be no problem.

snowed here lightly this a.m. for about an hour! it is VERY cold out there today....

hope you are all having a good morning.

post soon,
    kim