Anyone from Mi

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dsames, Mar 28, 2007.

1. dsames

dsames New Member

Does anyone from Mi have a rheumy they are very happy with.
    I had an appointment set up for April 11th with a dr. in Kalamazoo. I have waited almost 2 months for this appt, keeping my family care physician busy just trying to hold on for that appt.
    Today, I received a card from the rheumy confirming my appt with PHYSICIANS ASSISTANT. I have been pretty "bummed" out thinking my family care physician and myself had specifically asked for an appt.with the dr., waited 2 months to be seen by him, and instead find out that my appt. is with the PA.I know there are some really good PA out there, however I am also supposed to be screened for an auto immune disorder, since my initial blood draw, came back high for that.

Need your input. I am thinking maybe I should be looking for another rheumy, and hopefully won't have to wait that long to see him.
    Shirley
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Hi Shirley...You are about 3 hours from me...but I do know of two doctors that treat FMS, they are not rheumys though. Thier names were giving to me from a support group leader..Neuromuscular & Rehabilition Assc. of Northern Michigan. Dr. Julie Gronek and Jay Jones. They might be too far for you but perhaps the office could give you someones name closer to you. Hope this helps.

Deb