anyone from pa..looking for support groups

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by trasestry, Jul 30, 2003.

1. trasestry

trasestry New Member

Hi, just wondering if anyone is from pa here. I have been trying to look into a support group here in my area. This diease is a terrible thing, not only for those that suffer from it, but for those around us.

Tracy
  2. littlesquawl

littlesquawl New Member

Hi tracy
    Where in pa,There is a support meeting at the rothsville medical practice.the addressis 2320 rothville rd. Lititz pa.
    The meeting is the second monday of each month.
    I hope this can help you.I don't know where you live in pa.
    But if your in the area.this would be a place to go for help.I know what your going threw.I've been suffering from this for along time now.It hard for people to understand what were going threw.Some doctors our just not well inform about this disease,talk to you later. jean
  3. trasestry

trasestry New Member

Hi, I live in the wilkes barre area..about 20 miles away from scranton.
  4. daisie

daisie New Member

Hi Tracy,
    I live in Pittston and we sure do need a support group here in this area. Maybe one of the hospitals would sponcer one if enough people contacted them. If there are any more people from the wilkes-barre/scranton area please leave a message on this board.
    then maybe we can all get together and contact one of the hospitals.
    Sue
  5. Magee

Magee Guest

I live in NE PA, nearest to Bloomsburg, off of Interstate 80 but Wilkes-Barre or Scranton off of Interstate 81 is close as well. I'm in the process of getting one started near my home. Where are you?
  6. Magee

Magee Guest

If you call the 800 number for the Arthritis Foundation they can give you the information. I've spoken to the leader and she sounds like she would be nice to work with, knowledgeable, long history with FMS.

Where are you located in the WB area, closer to Nanticoke and Hunlocks Creek or Scranton?
  7. Domestic_Goddess

Domestic_Goddess New Member

I'm about as far away from you as possible and still being in the same state. Straight down I-81 in the Chambersburg Area on the Md. border.
  8. tobyj

tobyj New Member

well I don't know where you live but there is one at the Phoenixville hospital every 1st Tues. of the month. It is from 7 to 9:30. They are all great people. It is nice to be around other people who share our "shy" pain, that is unbearable. Good luck. Hope this helped you.
    Gerry
  9. Magee

Magee Guest

I will be back in PA Sunday or Monday and will look up your profile and email you the info for the one in Scranton. It's at one of the Allied Services Bldgs.
  10. bamphm

bamphm New Member

Hi Tracy,
    I live in the Pittsburgh area and am also looking for a support group. Would like to know if any are around here.
    Marilyn
  11. fibrodoll

fibrodoll New Member

Hi! I am in your area. 10 miles south in Greencastle area. Wish one of the local hospitals had a support group.

Bye for now, Valerie
  12. ephemera

ephemera New Member

The Bedford Fibro group is meeting 8/11 the second Monday of the month in the Vreeland Conference romm at UPMC
    Bedford Memorial. 7:00 p.m.

I live near Philly, but got this from their informative website. FYI.

Best thoughts for your area, too.