? Anyone from So. Cali.?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by daylight, Apr 3, 2006.

1. daylight

daylight New Member

I am bored out od my mind!! My doctor said that he doesn't want me looking for work for awhile until my back heals and I get over being fired.

So my question is are any of you from so.cal? I'm looking for a support group in my area.

D.
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I'm from the Ventura area.I don't know of a support group though.Welcome to the board.Linda
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

click on suport groups..that may help..

i'm from the bay area

jodie
  4. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

I'm in the South Bay and just love it. Who else lives around here?
    Mag
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

my ex lives in san jose..son visits him..

jodie
  6. suexi

suexi New Member

where in s.c are you from? La Verne, here.
    Susan
  7. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

Long ebach california here and i dont think there is a group here at least i havent been able to find one,take care,angelkisses
  8. Janaruth

Janaruth New Member

I'm here in the South Bay and I know at least one other at church with Fibro. I just changed doctors to one that is more knowledgeable so hoping for more help now. I'm still learning about it. J
  9. daylight

daylight New Member

I'm from Riverside.
  10. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

In the Long Beach area, I think there are a couple through the Memorial Hospital there.
    THis is pretty good for Support too, and you don't have to leave the House. ;o]
    Hug's
    sharonk
  11. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

contact the San Antonio Community Hospital. Once a month they have something.
  12. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

hi as you can see from my past post i also am in long beach,you mentioned that you thought memorial had a support group, where did you find them? I tried looking one up and the only one i can find even close is in san pedro,and i dont drive so that one is out,but also as you said this group is great i have gotten so much help and have felt so much kindness here that i really dont feel like iam missing out on anything.Well thank you for the info take care and stay dry and warm,angelkisses
  13. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Hello, I was told by my Rhuemotoligst that there was one through Memorial.
    Or maybe I got it wrong, lol, I can call her today and check it out for you.

I was asked to start one, a couple of years ago at Doctors Hospital, there in Lakewood, but I can't do afternoons, and that is what they wanted.

You might check through the other Hopsitals, too, they have all kinds of Meetings these day's, maybe there is one Closer to the Long Beach area.
    I live in Paramount, one block out of Long Beach, but I still claim LB as my Home, ;o]
    hug's
    sharonk
  14. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

Hi sweetie thanks for your reply,ya that would be great to find out if memorial had one,ya i know where lakewood hospital is my mom and younger brother died there,anyway you would think if a little place like that would have a group them for sure memorial would, i know where your talking about in paramont iam well iam towards the end of long beach i guess you could say but not quite north long beach,hey iam lucky i know where iam most days,lolit sure is good to know that iam not the only one in long beach that knows what this wonderful stuff is. Is your dr very good?I have just gotten rid of one that told me oh i have a couple of people that have fibro and can work and she had trouble listening to me when it came to this,oh well thanks again and iam sorry this turned so long,i havent been to sleep because of rsl,and i get a little nutty with no sleep,take care,angelkisses
  15. sh2angel

sh2angel New Member

I live in San Diego...