Anyone from SW Louisiana or SE Texas?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by itzmede, Jun 1, 2006.

1. itzmede

itzmede New Member

My rheumy is leaving the south and I need another one!! Let me know if there is anyone please! Thanks......Dee
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

The majority of FM patients test positive for Lyme. There is a Dr. in Lufkin if you ever want to consider getting to the bottom of what is causing your pain. If you are interested let me know. I am presuming she is accepting new patients as she has a very busy practice.

jar

I might add that her mom was diagnosed with arthritis and Fm problems only to find out that antibiotics made her better....hence the lyme connection was made.[This Message was Edited on 06/01/2006]
  3. aquabugs

aquabugs New Member

Hi Dee

Actually I gave up on the rheumys in Beaumont. I currently go to the Diagnostic Clinic in Houston to see my rheumy. I have been seeing him for just under a year and I LOVE him. It's worth the drive for me. Actually LISTENS to me while he sits rather than with his hand on the doorknob like the others I have seen. LOL He seems to really know his stuff.

Take care and good luck.

Sylvia
  4. kmoss55

kmoss55 New Member

I live in a small town near the La. named Bridge
    City, texas. I go to a PCP here, his name is Chris Penning.

Kathy
  5. dellalvn

dellalvn New Member

Itzmede, I do not see a rheumy but I will check on it. If I find anything out, I will post.
    Kathy, I live on Hwy 62. Please email me. I can't believe this. My email is dellalvn@netscape.net ... I am not able to look at posts everyday so I want you to email me. Della
  6. itzmede

itzmede New Member

I was actually thinking about going to Olsen?? Any feeedback on that one? Thanks everybody for your responses!
  7. itzmede

itzmede New Member

Hi! My sis used to live in Groves. I passed thru there weekly for 17 years. Thanks for the info.
  8. aquabugs

aquabugs New Member

I haven't been to Dr Olsen, but have heard good things about her. My first rheumy was her partner at the time, so when I needed a new one, I went elsewhere.

Good luck!
    Sylvia
  9. itzmede

itzmede New Member

I am an hour east of Beaumont. I would like to go to Houston, but it's just a little too far on a regular basis. The docs here just want to hand out pain meds. Not what I am looking for. I want remission if I can get it (Lupus & FM). Thanks again........