Anyone from the Heart Land, Kansas???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Grandma6, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

Just wondering if there is anybody out there from my neck of the woods and what they think about this crazy FALL weather.

Grandma6
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

....but I live here now! Originally from NY, but lived in CA for almost 20 years, now in Kansas for the last three---not a small community like yours, but a big city (Overland Park) that's growing (too fast!) I love the Kansas City area, though....

I just wish "fall" lasted longer here! I love the changing of the trees (also beautiful in the Adirondacks where I grew up) but it seems like in Kansas, we kind of go from summer to winter, with just a tiny bit of fall squeezed in between!

But I'm enjoying it here, the weather change was an adjustment (and I still hate the wind here!) but really love the lower cost of living, far less traffic, and have found good friends here; my hubby grew up in Omaha, so he's a true midwesterner.

I also like that we are centrally located---anywhere in the US is no more than about a 2 1/2 hour plane ride away, which is nice!

Did you grow up here?

Hugs,
    Pam
  3. jole

jole Member

Also a small town, live in the country with lots of dust and wind these days. We need rain so bad. I LOVE summer, and am not anywhere near ready for the cold winter days. No, not much of a fall this year, and my pain level is going 'way UP.

Grandma6, you could be me! Six little ones, one granddaughter. Aren't they great?? I had 5 children, one son and 4 daughters, so now the tables are rather turned. Only it really is more fun this time, isn't it? They are so fun, and so smart!!! How the times have changed.

I don't spend much time on the board anymore, but had to respond to your post.
  4. ggks

ggks New Member

Yes, I'm from Kansas. Garden City. When I read your post I thought, Yes, this is the Heartland of the USA. And here I always thought Kansas was the Wheat State.

I've had FM since 1992. Am presently taking Cymbalta. For me, it is working pretty good.

ggks
  5. CatsKimber

CatsKimber New Member

yes... the weather is always changing around here. summer last week, winter this week. what happen to fall??? lol
  6. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

Glad to hear from all of you folks here in Kansas. I was born in Wichita but raised on a farm SW of Wichita and then I raised my kids here and my dgt and her family live just 7 miles from us and my son lives in Wichita which is around 23 miles away. My brothers live 3 miles away and the sister that I claim lives around 25 miles away. So as you can see we are all pretty close.
    Jim was just sayng this morning about how we are going right into winter. I personly love the fall weather and the colors. The changing of the trees is so beautiful.
    I've got to got for now my grand daughter just came in. It's TOSS for the Girl Scouts and I need to order something. I'll yak at ya later.

Warm Hugs,
    Grandma6