Anyone from the UK?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jan39, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Jan39

Jan39 New Member

Anyone in the UK,in the same boat,housebound,lonely,going through a severe relapse with ME,could do with a positive friend who understands....Jan
  2. Jan39

Jan39 New Member

Anyone in the UK,in the same boat,housebound,lonely,going through a severe relapse with ME,could do with a positive friend who understands....Jan
  3. Jan39

Jan39 New Member

Thanks Barb for replying,nice to know someone understands...Ive relapsed badly since June,before that I had a four and a half yr remission,living above 80% most of the time,so the crash has sent me reeling,so difficult to come to terms with the loss of my life again.Ive come through about 6 relapses over 12yrs,so Im trying to be positive,worst thing is knowing how to get through the day,can't read much,watch tv or such like.Im very concerned also with the new anti-depressant im taking,can't seem to find much info on it,or find anyone else taking it,although it does seem to be helping slightly,have you heard of "cipralex"?
    Anyway time for rest,thanks again Jan
  4. Pat UK

Pat UK New Member

Hello Jan yes I am from England in Kent. I am like you housebound and fed up with not being able to get out, so I understand how you feel. Keep your chin up I am sure things will improve.
    Pat
  5. Jan39

Jan39 New Member

Thanks Pat for replying,Im staying at parents for a couple of weeks,I will post you when I get back ,if you feel up to writing my email add is jan.kelsall@btinternet.com,yeh Im sure things will get better for us both,best wishes and thanks again Jan
  6. genevieve

genevieve New Member

Hi Jan,

Yes there seem to be a few of us from the UK on this messageboard, great source of info and encouragement.

My husband and I both have CFS, we live in Scotland.

Hope you feel a bit better soon, enjoy your stay with your parents,

With best wishes,

Genevieve
  7. sarah

sarah New Member

Kent do you live? I live in Tunbridge Wells. And Jan where in the UK are you? I hope you're ok today Jan. Hi to all the other uk people.
  8. dolly_garth

dolly_garth New Member

Hi i'm Dolly.This is the very first time i have replied. I'm new to all this, including the computer. I'm from Staffordshire. If you keep looking at this web site, You'll soon realise that you'r definately not on you'r own. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia just before Christmas 2001. The day after i was told that i needed a hystorectomy. I was devistated as i only got married last March.If it wasn't for you, and people who have written in here, i would have gone mad. Fortunately i still just about manage to work full time. So even when the pain is bad, there is someone there talking to you and helping you to focus on other things.I'm sure that ME is actualy worse than FM it is very simular but not the same thing. Maybe you could correct me if i'm wrong.Life is so unfair at times isn't it? I only hope that you'r flair up lasts a very short time. take care.From Dolly G
  9. sean

sean New Member

Hi dolly, which is worse FMS or CFS aka ME, That is an extremely difficult question to answer, as every one's case is different. About 10 years ago I got ME/CFS, it crippled me for 10 months,
    but then I slowly started to get better. Anyway a few months back I developed Fibromyalgia syndrome shortly after an operation, although there were possible signs it already existed mildy before the op. It totally freaked me out, I believe I had a major flare up, it had to be the scariest thing I have ever had, it may be that there is some arthro there too, for which I will be having another test, but believe me it was bad. Migrating pains that can be stinging, stabbing, burning, aching, and gnawing, you name it you get it with fibro and more. It can effect just about every part of your body, plus you get fatigue to boot, and low grade fever sometimes. The ME symptoms I had did not involve all these types of pain, rather the body ached all over and the muscles burned. There was occassional low grade fever, and quite severe fatigue. I have heard it said that the pain of FMS is worse than ME/CFS, while the fatigue of ME/CFS is worse than that in FMS. I'm sure everyone will have there own opinions, my fatigue has got worse just lately so I don't know, maybe I got both now, many people here have both. At the moment as I am typing this I feel as if all the energy has been sucked out of me, I feel slightly sick, my face is burning, as is my shins and left arm. there is a numbness in my left arm, tingling in my fingers, spasms down my left side, my stomach feels a bit dodgy, and there is a strange feeling in the ligaments in my arms, hands and shoulders, maybe the spasm I don't know, but I have felt a hell of a lot worse I can tell you that much.
  10. Jan39

Jan39 New Member

Thanks Barb,hope that you are ok.Slightly better here,but phewwwwww hell its a long slog,I'll write more when I can.Hi to Pat and Sarah too should you read this and thanks for your concerns ......Jan
  11. Sindy-Uk

Sindy-Uk New Member

I can understand how you feel. I am from the UK, outer London area. I hav had ME for 17 years, but this relapse started April this year. I have been off work since July this year. This seems to be the worst one so far. I am trying all I can to get better and be positive, but it is difficult sometimes. People on this site have been great support for me. Some days I just read some posts, I dont have much energy to reply. Please stay positive and I hope you feel better soon.....

Satin
  12. Jan39

Jan39 New Member

Hi lucky
    Ive just wrote a post to you ,and this thing crashed ,so,if this is short,bear with me.
    If you can and feel like writing anytime ,my add is jan.kelsall@btinternet.com.
    I have had a cup of tea with a friend,and hoovered the lounge so things are improving slightly,I hope that today you are coping? hard to get through every hour,let alone day is'nt it?but trying to stay positive also here too.I will post you soon,take care for now
    Jan
  13. Jan39

Jan39 New Member

The last post I wrote was meant for Satin,phewwww must be time to rest, best wishes to everyone
  14. Jan39

Jan39 New Member

Hi Satin,
    I know you may not be well enough to reply,but just to let you know Im thinking about you,and yes hopefully things will get better for us.Trying to stay positive here,hope you do too....love Jan
  15. Jan39

Jan39 New Member

Hi Sarah,sorry I did'nt reply sooner,you know how its is...Im from Staffs.Hope you are ok,I will write more when the energy is up a little,best wishes for now Jan
  16. Pat UK

Pat UK New Member

I live in Orpington near Bromley I know Tunbridge Wells used to go there on shopping trips when I could walk.
    best wishes
    Pat.
  17. s43

s43 New Member

Hi Jan this is the second time i have posted it is a great site. We havent got anything like this in the uk,its great to be able to talk to people who are suffering like us.Ilive in Wales and have just been diagnosed with fibro,its not very pleasant but we just get on with it as best as we can.Hope u are feeling better,it is nice to see so many replies from people in the uk.Take care,if you ever feel down u can email me at MED100759@aol.com regards sharon
  18. s43

s43 New Member

Hi Jan this is the second time i have posted it is a great site. We havent got anything like this in the uk,its great to be able to talk to people who are suffering like us.Ilive in Wales and have just been diagnosed with fibro,its not very pleasant but we just get on with it as best as we can.Hope u are feeling better,it is nice to see so many replies from people in the uk.Take care,if you ever feel down u can email me at MED100759@aol.com regards sharon
  19. lucky

lucky New Member

I hope you feel a little better. I left you a note, but I know that you are away at the moment. These flare-ups as I call them, are really very nasty, and I feel for you.
    Great, that you have found some buddies in the U.K. and a little support from that side of the world. Take care, and I am sure that the Lexapro will be helping. There are a few success stories with this new drug on the board. Best wishes, Lucky
  20. sybil

sybil New Member

i live in cheshire,a village near northwich.

sorry to hear you are so poorly..hugs..

i have FMS CFS,though i can walk about most days,i'm off sick from work at the moment and i'm worried i may lose my job.
    i'm having hydrotherapy,but it's really painfull,

hope you feel a bit better soon and keep in touch,

sybilxxx