Anyone from TUCSON (arizona) ????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Karrot, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Karrot

Karrot New Member

I'm trying my darnedest to find a good doc who can really actually help me. The military docs down here couldn't give a #$@% about me or my health. So... I was wondering if anyone from Tucson knows or has a good doc I could be referred to. I will hopefully get referred to UMC and maybe they can help me there. I have CFS - probably and possibly a minor form of FMS. I would so appreciate any info anyone could give me.

Karrot

BTW - I did look in the doc referral section on this website - to no real avail.
  2. Karrot

Karrot New Member

I'm trying my darnedest to find a good doc who can really actually help me. The military docs down here couldn't give a #$@% about me or my health. So... I was wondering if anyone from Tucson knows or has a good doc I could be referred to. I will hopefully get referred to UMC and maybe they can help me there. I have CFS - probably and possibly a minor form of FMS. I would so appreciate any info anyone could give me.

Karrot

BTW - I did look in the doc referral section on this website - to no real avail.
  3. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

Afraid I'm to the north of you in the Phx area(Peoria). I would recommend Barrows Neurological Institute if you're able and willing to make the drive. Happy hunting and stay out of the sun :) Al
  4. AzRookie

AzRookie New Member

And I'm very happy with the medical office that I use. It's called the Clinic for Integrated Medicine, it's right by the NorthWest Medical Center. The addy is 1980 West Hospital Drive, Suite 301. Their phone number is 742-0999. The primary care physician is Dr. Paul Gee, and he has another doctor and a Physician's assistant named Kim who is actually who I see when I go in. They don't specialize in CFS, but they have a lot of experience with it, and they have an open mind attitude. The office staff is helpful, kind, and supportive. They use a variety of approaches including traditional Western medicine, massage, acupuncture, and nutritional.
    I hope this has been helpful.
    ~~~ Rookie
  5. finnigan1229

finnigan1229 New Member

Hey Karrot - I live in the NW section of Tucson and my rheumotologist that I loved at UMC went to the VA - go figure. There are not many medical people here in Tucson that really understand or will even help you for that matter if you have FMS. It is frustrating. Right now I am seeing a PA (Physician's Assistant) and she is more knowledgeable and understanding about it than the Dr. that diagnosed it. There is a Dr. at Orange Grove Family Clinic on La Cholla and Orange Grove that specializes (I haven't seen her) in Fibro and I would imagine CFS as well. Also contact the Arthritis Association here in town and ask for a packet and it will include some Docs too. Good Luck!!!!!!!

finnigan1229
  6. Karrot

Karrot New Member

Thanks so much for replying. Military docs are very wary to send you somewhere else. But I do have a doc working for me. He's trying to get me into Alternative med at the UMC. I will keep the info you gave me, too. And see what i can do. Question: do anyone of you arizonians ever get together? Do you have a support group up in tucson?

thanks again,
    karrot

[ advertisement ]