Anyone from Vancouver WA or Portland OR?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nefran5, Feb 26, 2003.

1. nefran5

nefran5 New Member

I would really appreciate some tips and info about resources in our area. I've been out of the loop for a while. ...please and thank you!

Peace, Nefra
  2. nefran5

nefran5 New Member

Let me know if you are out there.... Don't you want to know too?
  3. Billie

Billie New Member

I live in Dundee, OR. which is about 23 miles away from Portland. But, I do attend a monthly support group which is in Portland. It is at Good Sam hospital. This is the last month we meet on the first Sunday of the month. Starting March we will be meeting on the fourth Sunday of every month, from 2-4p.m. I find it is a very helpful and positive group to be involved with. We have general discussion, but also special speakers, which are usually really good. You could call Good Sam to get directions etc. Would be glad to see you there......Billie
  4. nefran5

nefran5 New Member

I did try to find some support groups in the Portland area thru this site, ...but, ummm...maybe I didn't look in thr right places. Fibro fog, probably.

I will try to make it to the March meeting. Thanks so much for answering...

Peace, Nefra
  5. boochaucer

boochaucer New Member

I live in Vancouver, WA and am in need of resources too!! I saw a new Rheumy Tues after waiting a month for my appt despite the fact that I've been asleep since Xmas...sleeping 16-22 hrs a day. I lost my job in dec and have not been able to look for work...living off borrowed $$$ and not sure what I'm gonna do cause that is not limitless, of course.
    So I finally get in to see her, and she tells me she doesn't know why my pcp sent me to her for fatigue...that "If you've read anything about Fibromyalgia the fatigue makes you feel tired but you can still function and perform normal daily tasks" she then proceded to inform me that I was "depressed" and needed to see a psychiatrist!!

Does anyone else with FMS have Fatigue like this?? I was dx in 1999 with FMS and poss Rheum arthritis (which is in remission if in fact i have it).
  6. Coach

Coach New Member

Hey nefran,
    I'm a Portland resident.
    Jaimie.
  7. nefran5

nefran5 New Member

here...? Thanks, everyone for answering. There is some very interesting information on the website for the Oregon Fibromyalgia Foundation . They are a part of the University Hospital in Portland which does research in fibro and chronic fatigue. This disease is real. Find another doctor.

I have had this Fibro for at least 18 years. I was bed-ridden for two years. Now, I am able to do so much more. You can get to feeling better, I believe.

Also I plan to go to at least one support group meeting. At Good Samaritan.

Pease find a doctor who believes in this disease.
  8. boochaucer

boochaucer New Member

I'm planning on attending a meeting at GoodSam too! From the previous message I take it that the next one is 3/23/03. Hope to see ya there.

BTW- I am going to find another doc.

LOL
    Boo
  9. nefran5

nefran5 New Member

Thanks again to all who answered or responded. My ultimate goal is to get some support for gentle exercising or stretching. I need a partner or a group to move around with. I plan to go to the Good Sam group. Hope someone has something going already... ...or maybe I could organize a new group... ...I don't know--we'll see.

See you all soon?

Peace, Nefra