Anyone from Weston, Florida?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fmcurepls, Jul 6, 2006.

1. fmcurepls

fmcurepls New Member

I was wondering if anyone who has FM lives in Weston, Florida? It would be really nice to start a support group.
    Hope to hear from you.
  2. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I live in Plantation, not too far away, but due to my dizziness I don't drive anymore. Makes going to meetings tough. I believe there is a support group (or at least there was one) at Memorial West Hospital.

Keep in touch,
    Tania
  3. fmcurepls

fmcurepls New Member

I have dizziness most of the time too but for some reason when I drive it doesn't effect me as much. I can't explain it. Other days the headaches and pain are so bad that I can't function. What are your main symptoms? I am going to the FFC in Atlanta at the end of July. I hope to find some answers. I hope you are having a good day today.

Sharon
  4. jbgoth

jbgoth New Member

I think we spoke before. I live in Aventura Florida, which is just south of Hollywood.

Im goint to be at the FFC in Atlanta on July 27 at 4pm.

Jordan
  5. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I have moderate FM--worse is the trigger points of myofascial pain dysfuction. Having trigger point therapy with my integrative medicine doctor every three weeks. Hope it works as I have big knots in my shoulders, neck, etc. I hold a lot of tension in my shoulders and neck. Dr. Fenton is in Sawgrass and works with FM/CFS patients (although he is not taking new patients at the moment). I also have a low immune system--neutropenia (low white count) and CFS.

Been in a flare this month with dizziness, headaches and facial pain. Ironic, as I just started taking Keflex and finding some relief--could it have been a sinus problem????

Not to feel ignorant, but what is FFC?

Tania
    [This Message was Edited on 07/07/2006]
  6. fmcurepls

fmcurepls New Member

I also see Dr. Fenton. I haven't been in a while but I am going to see him in a few weeks. I think he is great. He is such a compassionate doctor. I hope that you start to feel better. The FFC is the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Center. There are many locations throughout the U.S. I chose Atlanta b/c it is the closest. You can look up the FFC at fibroandfatigue.com Also if you go in the search section and type in FFC you will find a lot of information about it on this site. Keep in touch

Sharon
  7. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Small world--we see the same Doctor. I sometimes go to his lectures at Whole Foods Market in Plantation. He sure has a lot of information to offer. He is treating me now for my osteoporosis--the natural way. I'm afraid of all those drugs. And, I'm hoping the trigger point massage will help with my muscle aches and dizziness.

Good luck at the Fibro Center. Post and let us know how you made out.

Tania
  8. fmcurepls

fmcurepls New Member

Have you ever had Dr. Fenton do cranial sacral therapy for the dizziness? It used to help me a lot. The doctor that did it moved to Israel but I know Dr. Fenton does it too.
    Do you also see an immunologist? I go to Dr. Robert Keller in Hollywood. He hasn't cured me yet though!! I am also going to a chiropractor in Pembroke Pines named Dr. Driano. He does applied kinesiology which is muscle testing for allergies as well as to see which organs are weak. I think he is excellent. His personality is very similar to Dr. Fentons. Have a wonderful day.

Sharon
  9. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Seeing Dr. Fenton in two weeks (he's been on vacation) and I think we will change from the trigger point therapy on my upper back to CSR since I have had the facial pain and dizziness. The Keflex did help my headaches and facial pain, but I still have the dizzies. So, it's really hard to determine if I had a recurring sinus infection that affected my ears.

I saw an allergist/immunologist, Dr. Dana Wallace in Hollywood for immunology testing a couple years ago. My regular doctor/cardio keeps up with the blood work yearly.

I have heard of Dr. Keller--what is he doing to help you?

I'm really anxious to hear about your visit to Atlanta--please keep us posted.

T
  10. pawprints

pawprints New Member

HI:

I also see Dr. Chediak. He put me on Xyrem but the side effects did me in. What does he have you on?

Also, I don't drive far so I have not been to see him in awhile. How often does he like to see people under his care?

He said so many of patients improved or got better on Xyrem. I was the only one who had a tough time tolerating it.

Thanks,
    Paw
  11. fmcurepls

fmcurepls New Member

I also saw Dr. Wallace a while ago and she didn't really do anything for me. Dr. Keller has me on probiotics and
    glutathione, but nothing seems to be helping me. The Fibro and Fatigue Center does a much more comprehensive blood workup. You can actually find the blood work listed in the search area. I have read many of the posts from people who have been and a lot of them have Lyme Disease. You should read some of their posts. Just type in FFC in the search area.

I currently take Xyrem to sleep and it really helps in that area. It hasn't done anything for my pain or dizziness though. I was treated in the past for Lyme Disease but the blood tests from this doctor were outrageously expensive. I couldn't afford to keep going. I went to several other infectuous disease doctors and they did not agree that I had Lyme. It is very frustrating because you just don't know who to believe. I am so looking forward to going to Atlanta and getting some answers. I will post my story as it unfolds. I hope you are having a good day today.

Sharon