Anyone From Wisconsin Apply for SSDI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Noahvale, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

Hi,

I am from Wisconsin and I have been Dx'd with FM. I have also been diagnosed with DDD and Spinal Stenosis/Spine spondalytis. I don't know weather or not to apply for SSDI because I really would like to know the system first. I have recently lost my job and have been getting Unemployment, but that only last so long.

I wanted to know what the ropes are, and what is needed to be done to go through it. I understand that everystate is different thats why I am asking for Wisconsin residents that have gone throught the process to reply. Are there standard guidlines such as owning a house and a car? Can you ony have a checking account and no savings, and what about minor children in the household...can I get benefits for them as well?

If anyone could give me information on what their process was when going through SSDI application I would certainly appreciate it. I know this is going to be a long haul and it won't be a overnight event, but I need to do this now before I can't anymore.

Thanks for helping out a lost soul here!! Blessings to all!

Noahvale--Kathy

2. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

3. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

Nancy,

Thank you for at least trying to help me with determining whether or not I go through this SSDI process. This has become a difficult situation for me. I really have lost a lot of my mobility and the sad part is the kids can see it too. I am only 37 years-old and find it difficult to even breath somedays. I am thankful that I have a loving hubby and that he is very understanding about this illness. I just wish that it would be easier to make decisions. I have brain fog quite often and somedays I can't remember conversations I have with my kids, pretty sad huh?

Well thanks again and do appreciate any prayers that you will say for me and my family. My blessing go out to you as well.

God Bless,

Noahvale--Kathy
  4. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

Thank you for all the information. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed because I didn't know what to do. You have helped me though because I do have a husband who works and I thought that his income would not make me eligible for SSD. I really don't care about the insurance as my husband carries it at his work, as a matter of fact, thats all he works for is our insurance. He brings very little home in his paycheck.. I am so glad that I have a husband who cares and will do that for me and for the kids. Like I said, everything is a little overwhelming at the moment I know that I have decisions to make and sometimes it just seems a little hard to do.

I have anxiety attacks almost all the time anymore. My husband gives me encouragement and tells me not to worry because God has a paln for me. I know this, but I think at times I get a little impatient with what will come of this. It seems like it is one thing after another.

Thank you for all your time, I do appreciate every bit of advise you have given.

God Bless you, and I wish you well in your health as well.

Noahvale--Kathy
  5. misskoji

misskoji Member

I am from Wisconsin too! I urge you to hook up with Jack Casper. He is a well respected and succesfull SSD/SSI/SSDI rep. I know of two other people in my same town he has succesfully helped in their cases for FM. I'm on board with him now and have been very happy with him. Just waiting on my hearing. I don't have the number handy, but I can find it for you if you would like.
    Hugs,
    Deanna