Anyone Get Hicups from Oxycodone???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abcanada, Nov 4, 2006.

1. abcanada

abcanada New Member

It's only been the last six weeks or so that I've taken more Oxycodone than ever. I never get the hicups, but have had several cases a day since starting this med. Anyone else get this side effect????
  2. Achyten

Achyten New Member

Hi abcanada.. First off I want to tell you , what beautiful children you have!

I use to live in Calgary myself but live in Edmonton now.

Anyway,, I'm on oxycontin,every morning, and do take oxycodone for break through pain, as of lately I"ve been taking this almost everyday now,the oxycodone that is,,,and do get the hiccups too.
    I was surprised to see your post,, I never really connected it to my meds. I wonder why we'd get the hiccups?
    What a coincidence!

Lots of hugs,, Achyten
  3. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I'm taking Norco and Loratabs. and I find that when I wake up from my nap, I sometimes, have the Hic-ups.

I find taking a swig of Apple Cider Vinegar helps with getting rid of them, and it's also good for the Body in other ways.

Another way that is even better, the Old Teaspoon of sugar, you just suck slowly on it, I use that last if the other methods don'e work.

I took one Morphine pill and had the worst Gut pain in my life, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was a side-effect.

At least it's one I can live with, ;o)
    Better than living with Pain 24/7

Do you by any chance has IBS or GERD? I think that adds to the problem.

sharonk
  4. abcanada

abcanada New Member

Funny thing isn't it. Achyten, I appreciated the compliment. When someone says something like that, it truely makes my whole day! My dad is up in Edmonton, but with my health in such disarray, I do not get up there often. Bruin63, I will try a few of your qyick fixes. I had a migraine very early this am, and took 2 Percocet. I layed back down in bed & got the hiccups about 25 min later, waking up my husband. Take Care and great health everyone! Laura
  5. Achyten

Achyten New Member

It made me so happy to lift your spirits. Instead of a pic of you,,,you put your children first, and that goes to show that you are are a wonderful mother. They are darlings!
    I"m sorry you got one of those dreadful migraines. I use to get them often when I first starting getting fms,, and I use to take percocet too. Though now that I"m into all the other symptoms of fms, I rarely get migraines anymore. I do hope that its a phase in this dreadful illness and that you'll get over them soon, too.
    The hiccups I get are not that bad, they do away in a little while, so they don't really bother me that much.
    Thankyou for the tips!
    Hugs,, Achyten